Re: GBlist: Strawbale not good for humid, mixed heating andcooling climates

It is my understanding that the failure was primarily a result of improper
flashing above windows and doors which allowed rain water into the walls.
If that is the case, I would think proper flashing and a generous overhang
could solve that problem.

snip from Fred:
>The building code would be the least of your problems if you were to
>construct strawbale houses in NC. The big problem is the "face sealed
>stucco" exterior finish systems. There is currently over $9,000,000,000
>worth of moisture damage in new homes in your area that employed this
>siding.

Ron Hughes
THE WHOLE HOUSE
http://www.energyhome.com