GBlist: What I mean is, wall plastic ain't green

Message text written by INTERNET:Lugano@ix.netcom.com
>Plastic does nothing for a wall because it
cannot be made into a pressure barrier.<

Fred,

Ya gotta watch these absolutes.  The guy said he was using all kinds of
goop.  He might actually have a pressure barrier.  This stuff is so
tricky
to talk about in less than a volume.

Dear Greg,

Of course you are correct. It is theoretically possible to build a
temporary pressure barrier out of polyethylene foil.

But I am a just practical guy. How long will the goop and even the
plastic last if it really ever worked?

Now tell the truth. If I went around to my clients and said: "we'll put
up some 6 mil, goop the joints, pressure test it, decorate the interior
with T&G pine boards, and everything will be fine", would I be a green
builder or a crook?

Have I mentioned to you that I hate the way you lurk on these lists?
only to swoop down on me when I have to get to bed instead of writing a
"volume" about this stuff. I mean-come on!! We've got Marc saying that
Fglass is fine here.

Hugs and kisses to you and Al, Fred