Re: GBlist: shotearth walls

In a message dated 5/14/97 7:59:52 AM, csweet@oro.net (Charley Sweet) wrote:

>Does anyone have experience building "shotearth" walls (in our case,
>they will be interior walls) using shotcrete (as opposed to gunnite)
>equipment?
>
>Charley Sweet
>_____________
I suggest contacting the horse's mouth:  David Easton, author of "The Rammed
Earth House" and several other publications and who probably has built the
most buildings using variations on this pressure-applied earthen building
method.  One of his more well-known built examples is the Real Goods Solar
Living Center in Hopland, CA--where straw bale walls were clad with direct
shot stucco and earthen coatings on the exterior.
David Easton can be reached at The Terra Group, 1058 2nd Ave., Napa, CA
94558, 707-224-2532.

Also and engineer who has written the book "Buildings of Earth and Straw," is
Bruce King.  Bruce worked on the above mentioned building and has experience
with testing structures using these methods.
Bruce can be reached by email at:  ecobruce@aol.com

Hope this helps.

David Kibbey