Re: GBlist: Re: Strawbale Moisture Failures

Bion:

you wrote:

>Also, it is time to organize to get some funding for a building
>science study of moisture in strawbale housing walls.  Anybody
>got any funding ideas, or even better -- work in progress -- so
>we don't wind up reinventing the wheel?

I have been amazed and dismayed  recently by the number of posts on the
GBlist on the subject of strawbale.  Are you not aware that there is a
complete listserve dedicated to this subject, with participation by the
majority of the leading practitioners, theorists, designers and building
scientists working in this area?  Check out strawbale@crest.org  or the
archives before you re-invent the wheel in regards to new moisture studies.
I think it is positive to have certain cross fertilization between these
two listserves (I subscribe to both), however, it bothers me to see the
major subject of one being the constant subject of another, particularly
when much of the information displays a lower level of knowledge and some
troubling mis-information.  I am sure your knowledge and abilities would be
welcome on the strawbale list.

Greg Kiloh, B.E.S., M.L.Arch
Eikos Environmental Design
2915 15th Ave.