GBlist: potable rainwater

Further to the note of below, our home/office within the city of Calgary
(semi arid climate) is plumbed for taking rainwater off the roof and using
it for household consumption. Not quite complete yet, but close. We have
had a technical problem with our elastomeric polymer roofing membrane.
Check the December (?) edition of PS, if interested. Thousands
of homes in both Canada and the US do this on a daily  basis. Nothing new.
Millions of people around the world have such systems.
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
 in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
 3 demonstration projects in Canada built 1979, 1981, 1994, +80,000 visitors
 - living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm