Re: GBlist: RE: Greywater (we have one)

Please do elaborate as much as possible, it's very interesting.

What exactly do you do when you clean out the system?

What did you mean 4 feet of concrete beneath the planters?

What kind of plants are you growing?

You really have only 6 inches of soil? All the (very few) greywater systems
I'm seen with planters seem to have more dirt than this.

That is a very interesting point about greywater warmth in the winter. In a
house with indoor planters and greywater I guess that means we'll get that
heat back inside the house.

Bit of a bummer in the summer though, if you're trying to keep cool and
have indoor planters.

----------
> From: Leggsoid@aol.com
> To: greenbuilding@crest.org
> Subject: GBlist: RE: Greywater (we have one)
> Date: Friday, May 30, 1997 1:53 PM
>
> Folks,
>      Perhaps this thread has ended and this post is late, but...
>
>      I manage a passive solar office building in NH with a greywater
system
> that has operated for 16 years.  The greywater from an attached apartment
and
> staff shower is piped to a funnel shaped tank (mfr. by Clivus Multrum).
As