Re: GBlist: Dangers of CCA Pressure Treated Wood

Just to amend TBren:

South Texas Mountain Juniper (Cedar) is also highly resistant to insect
and rot.  I have used it for fence posts in two states for over ten
years.  You can't hardly hurt the stuff.

It is absolutely prolific in our region, it produces a very aggressive
pollen in the winter that gives many of us down here bloody hell and it
is a water hog.  Water is something we can't easily spare.   Cedar's only
redeeming value is that it's bark serves as a nesting for birds that only
reside in the hill country here.

We here in Texas will promise to spare the old large growth if you will
please come down here and cut just as much as you can and take it home
with you.

 (Tongue only slightly in cheek.)