GBlist: Re: icynene vapor permeability

I stand corrected - icynene literature claims it to be "hydrophopic", repels
water - but in the next sentence says water can escape as the building dries
out.

The literature also states 6 perms @ 5" (see
hhtp://www.icyene.on.ca/cavity.html).

Gliddens Insul-Aid (a vapor retarder primer) is rated at .6 perms.

My point was not to sell or downgrade any one insulation system, even
fiberglass has its good points - but to show that there is abit more to
insulation than what's in the walls. Installation, hvac, infiltration,
climate, etc are all part of the bundle.

Thanks Marc -