GBlist: Suggestions to visit/ecovillages

Dear list friends,

In early July, I will beginning a three month break, to recharge, be still, and
see what unfolds next (to the question of, what are you going to DO?, I have
been answering, I'm going to BE).  I expect to do some traveling in the US and
perhaps Canada, and I am looking for suggestions of where truly "crest of the
wave" ecological design is happening, so that I might visit, if possible.  I am
generally interested in communities and eco-villages rather than single family
homes.  Even more particularly, I would love to visit places where people are
consciously co-creating their settlements with nature.

Please send your responses to me directly, not to clutter up the list.  Thanks
very much.

Marc Rosenbaum