GBlist: a green 'cure' for wet basements?

Hi everyone,
	I live in a house that was built from last June to the end of August.  The
basement is poured concrete.  On the inside of the concrete is pink
insulation (the fluffy kind), and a clear plastic tarp is stapled to the
outside of that.  The basemnt is not drywalled.  The insulation is
extremely wet.  It was at first, when the house was finished, then seemed
to dry up through the winter.  Lately as the weather has become warmer,
water has been beading inside the plastic tarp, and dripping out on the
floor.  There is only one basement window, and we do not have a
de-humidifier.  Is the dampness I have described normal? I am also noticing
a moldly smell that seems to make breathing in the basement unpleasant.  Is
there anything that I can do to minimize the dampness without using a
dehumidifier which eats up electricity?  I do not have a lot of cash.  One
of my neighbours whose house was also built last summer in the same way by
the same company is able to dry laundry on a line in her basement without
excessive dampness.
	Thanks, Leslie St. Jacques