GBlist: Translucent Thermal Insulation

Thanks to all the responses on the polycarbonate glazing.
After weighing the pros and cons, I have decided to go
another route.

I was searching for a material that is a good insulator but
still allows light through.  Translucent insulation (TI)
products, such as glass tubes, aerogel and capillary
structures, seem to meet my requirements.  Has anyone had
experience with this material?  Are there any
recommendations of web sites and publications about TI
(especially technical information with sections,
dimensions,...).

S. Poon