GBlist: Lily pads in a pond

97.08.21	1642	edt

Does anyone know anything about removing vast quantities of lily
pads-"LP's" from a small private pond?  The house we are buying has 'em,
and in addition the neighboring large farm thru which the feeding stream
runs, has sent us a peninsula of sediment, probably composed of what is
feeding the LP's (cattle waste & stomped up dirt).

An extension agent mentioned Dacthal (sp?) as an herbicide that will not
kill my wonderful collection of frogs (you ought to see some of the
Bullfrogs--will have to watch our cats around them :->).  Any thoughts on
the LP's and on how to clean up the runoff/sediment?  I want to get some
fish in there to get a little ecolab going, keep the frogs company
(Jug-a-Rum!).

Always appreciative of this group's help!  If anyone cares to point me to
another info source, great, too.
jh