Re: GBlist:too many cattails

Re harvesting cattails for food:
We too have too many cattails around our old and very lovely pond (on
property newly purchased).   My husband spent a morning cutting many of them
down, a potentially Sissyphian effort because they popped back up within a
couple of weeks, clearly thriving on the cutting.  They are difficult to
impossible to pull out and we have enough to feed an army, but I'll try your
suggestion, just to see what they taste like.  They are beautiful in a vase
too.  But I do seriously want to find something that will take them out,
benignly.  Local folks suggested Round Up with soap but that is crazy.
                                                                Sacie Lambertson