Re: GBlist: Wetlands

Dear Seth,

How eloquently put!  I agree with all you said; i would take it one step
beyond.

At this time we do need the government to enforce this consciousness of
interconnectedness and the good of all over the good of one.  I maintain that
we need to strive to turn our race consciousness around from disconnected
needs and souls to a race consciousness of understanding that each time we
eat, each time we scratch, we can choose to do the best for the world, which
in turn is best for us personally, whether the appearance is such or not.

I think the best way to do this is to spiritually reorient our own souls
toward the interconnectedness of life (which sometimes requires that we do
things which are against the societal "law" if we have knowledge about, say,
wetlands, that has not permeated the mass consciousness) and then as we
express and act and share this interconnectedness with others we move beyond
ourselves to being interconnected wiht others---as the interconnected mass
swells the scales will tip where it becomes unecessary to have government as
we do now because people will not find it in their best interests to do
things that cut into interconnectedness.  I think this shift could happen in
a very short period of time even though appearances may not lead one to
believe this is so.

I appreciate the opportunity to digress on my favorite topic!

Dona Stankus, AIA
Dona Stankus, Architect
Raleigh, NC