GBlist: Re: list nanny, back off

Dear List Nanny

>[And to the list nanny, back off.  Let the people talk.  Even this type of
>minor looks-like-censorship will suppress ideas.  A list such as this
>carrries the inherent risk of political clashes.  Why not be happy that
>there is more than one informed viewpoint on it?  That is how we learn.
>Surely you do not want to limit membership and its expressions to lockstep
>thinkers/thinking.]

Please don't back from a facilitating role here.  I don't think it is a
matter of stiffling speech... just suggesting that it take place in another
forum. Any discussion needs a good faciltator to stay focused. Thankfully,
we have one here. Let's not throw it away... it's the difference between an
interesting forum and a bar room  (Bar rooms are interesting places ...
good for observing human behavior;  not that conducive to technical
discourse).

Bruce Coldham