Re: GBlist: vinyl window frames & heat

At 08:41 AM 9/4/97 -0400, NMBlues@aol.com wrote:
>Dear list,
>
>I have a client with a vintage 70's passive solar house that has NO overhang
>or other shade on the lower floor of the south side.  They have the window
>quilt system which they swear by as the best thing since the wheel.

Try Accurate Dorwin (204/982-4640) for pultruded fiberglass farmes and
highly selective coatings & lowe windows.

Run Windows 4.1 (Lawrence Berkley Labs 510/486-5606) for glazing, thermal
break, shading issues.
or try http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/tools_directory/

Look at selective window films instead of Window Quilt.

best,