GBlist: Northwest EcoBuilding Guild

Darrin Thorton wrote...
>>Wondering about that Eco building Times paper, is it monthly, weekly....
How could I get a sample and/or a subscription?<<

Thought that others might be interested in knowing about us as well...

The _EcoBuilding Times_ is a publication of the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild.
Currently the EBT is published every six months or so. We publish articles
about issues and techniques that are relevant and applicable to green
building in the Northwest, primarily news about and articles by members of
the Guild.

The Northwest EcoBuilding Guild is a five-year-old association of
contractors, design professionals, tradespeople, manufacturers, suppliers and
homeowners interested in sustainable construction and design. Our members
include regionally recognized leaders in their fields as well as interested
beginners. There are about 250 members in five chapters--Seattle, Spokane,
Olympia, Portland and Eugene, as well as smaller groups in Bellingham and
Port Townsend, and on Whidbey Island.

Guild members hold local chapter meetings, organize and support workshops
(such as the upcoming Sustainable Building Northwest conference -- e-mail <
obrien@halcyon.com > ), publish the _EcoBuilding Times_ and the Guild _Green
Pages_--a directory of members and their enviornmentally friendly products
and services.

The Guild's mission is to promote building practices that protect human
health, encourage sustainable use of energy and resources, and foster
long-term regional economic vitality. The Guild is a registered 501-c3
non-profit organization, supported by grants (last year from the WA State
Department of Ecology and City of Seattle Solid Waste), membership dollars
and advertising revenue.

Membership in the Guild is $45/year, and includes...
* a subscription to the _EcoBuilding Times_ (at this stage, one or two
issues)
* a copy of the annual Green Pages
* company listing in the Green Pages
* discount on events and advertising in publications
* chapter support

Student membership is $20.

To join, send a check to
Northwest EcoBuilding Guild
217 Ninth Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109

or call the Guild office at 206.622-8350 and request a membership and
advertising package.

Visit the Guild's website at

http://www.az.com/~cwebb/ebg.html

Rob Harrison, Editor