Re: GBlist: Garages

At 12:11 97-10-16 EDT, you wrote:
>Initially, her car was leaking antifreeze but that situation
has been
>corrected.  She is still concerned that
>fumes from things like paint, garden chemicals and the car
exhaust may be
>being drawn into the a/c system.
>
>Any thoughts on this situation and possible solutions would
be
>appreciated.

There are two potential solutions to the problem at hand with
your existing system through the use of ventilation:

1) Divert some of the air conditioned air into the garage and
install a relief air grille in the wall furtherest away from the
living areas through which the air can pass without
re-entering the building. I don't know exactly what system
you have installed, but in general a healthy A/C system will
have an outdoor(fresh) air component equavilant to 10
L/s.person which. By doing the above you can offset this
outdoor air quantity and increase the air change rate in your
garage.

2) Install suffecint cross ventilation(ie grill openings on either
side of the garage open to the outside to the equivilant 5% of
the garage floor area.This option may make your garage cold
in winter, hot in summer, and as such Option 1 may be more
likeable.

Anyway, I hope this Helps ?

Cheers

Jason Shepherd