Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 06:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Virtual AGC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Virtual AGC  (Read 2194 times)
bob7

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2005, 08:56:42 PM »

Have a look at the lates entry on this page. http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/changes.html
Who is Markus Joachim? Was that for this project?

Umm... the warp engines, phasers, and transporters don't arrive until next Tuesday!
Scotty?
I'll need a roll of duck tape, 20 meters of binder twine & a donut.
http://www.geocities.com/tylertacky
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 05:17:32 AM »

I'm Markus Joachim, I improved Movieman's NASSP_COSTAM2 a little bit, at the moment it's not included in Project Apollo but a kind of add-on to Project Apollo. It will be released next week hopefully, I'm waiting for some beta test results...

But it's not much at the moment, so I hope you will not be disappointed...

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 08:12:04 AM »

Well, the idea was that the AGC code would check the YAAGC flag in the scenario and run the virtual AGC or C++ AGC based on that. Of course the original idea was that they'd also be able to use the same EMEM locations to store important variables, but with hindsight that was a bit optimistic Happy.

Either way, there's no fundamental problem with having the Virtual AGC code built into the standard AGC implementation, though it would require some interface changes to make the C++ AGC closer to the hardware interface to the real AGC. For example, the DSKY interface would have to be significantly rewritten (more precisely, cut down to just setting lights as commanded, with the interface code for those lights -- e.g. converting displayed numbers to their appropriate light states -- moved into the AGC).
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:54:15 AM »

Hi movieman,

Yes, I plan to integrate it in Project Apollo in the way you described.

I began with my enhancements of your really fantastic work about 5 month ago and I changed not only yaagc but also the panel (added a FDAI) and other things, so it will take some time to integrate this in the recent Project Apollo version.
But I'm not sure if people are interested in that...

Do you want a test version (7MB email)?

Thanks and Greetings
Tschachim

rjcroy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 04:50:25 AM »

So does this mean that both the C++ AGC and the yaAGC will continue to be developed for NASSP?  I hope this is the case.
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 10:12:59 AM »

That's the intention: aside from the fact that you need a lot of hardware simulated to make the yaagc AGC fly the CSM, I think it will be quite a while before people are able to use it to fly to the Moon... for one thing it's all in imperial units, not metric, so lots of conversions would be required, for another you'd need to implement the updates for the guidance platform to properly keep track of where you are.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: