Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2019, 05:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Project Apollo Beta 20070306 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New Project Apollo Beta 20070306 released  (Read 10908 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »

Hi Apollo fans,

a new beta modules pack is available here: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation. Please make sure that Orbiter 2006-P1 is installed. Also please make sure that you do a CVS Update of all directories, that means the Config, Doc, Meshes, Orbitersdk, Scenarios, Sound and Textures directories.

Major new features is the Saturn V assembly & rollout for the new VAB and some enhancements of the Crawler Transporter. Links to the checklists for that are on the Apollo 11 mission page. Thanks to Orbiterfan for this cool feature and the great meshes.  Thumbs Up

Have fun, comments and questions are always welcome! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

* Saturn_V_rollout_small.jpg (61.3 KB, 600x438 - viewed 601 times.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:31:32 PM by Tschachim » Logged

apolloman

paul.cultrera@wanadoo.fr
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:57:10 PM »

I have just tested.. splendid Thumbs Up Thumbs Up . . but just a small flat:

- when the last stage of bay of preparation is closed again (after the installation of LES, that made odd because it includes also the arm of accés of LUT. but without its passage would not be to model

(sorry for my poor English)

Best Regards

Paul Cultrera
webmaster du site http://www.de-la-terre-a-la-lune.com/
consacré au programme Apollo.

Le savoir est un trésor à partager avec tout le monde...
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »

Thanks for your kind words!  Happy

Do you mean the upper assembly platform brakes through the CM access arm? Yes, the real platform has a cut-out for that, which is missing in our model. You can see it in the upper right corner of the picture below. Only a minor bug in my point of view, but perhaps Orbiterfan is going to fix that in a future version.

Cheers
Tschachim

orbiterfan
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:15:30 PM »

New VAB_exterior.msh file committed. Updated HB1 left work platform 5 with the Crew Access Arm cut-out. No other changes.
FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:33:59 PM »

I was playing a bit with the Rollout scenario. Great work Tschachim and Orbiterfan  Thumbs Up

Does anybody know with what average speed the crawler moved to the launch pad with the Saturn V (1/2 mile per hour?). I really like this Rollout feature. It looks so impressive to watch the Saturn and LUT move by slowly from a close to ground level viewpoint near the crawlerway looking up. You get a good impression for its size. Not to mention the new VAB as well! Very nice work guys!

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
orbiterfan
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »

Does anybody know with what average speed the crawler moved to the launch pad with the Saturn V (1/2 mile per hour?).
Average speed is about 0.8 mph. Lately some of the bearings in the four droive trucks have been running a little bit hot when the Crawler was at 1 mph. Hot enough to force a stop and relubrication and cooldown of the bearings. So for now they have limited the speed to about 0.8 mph.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »

New VAB_exterior.msh file committed. Updated HB1 left work platform 5 with the Crew Access Arm cut-out. No other changes.

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I had adjusted the pedestrals already a little bit, I just re-did that and committed VAB_exterior.msh again. I also adjusted the cut-out a little bit (but no chance that I can do that by myself, many thanks!) My fault, of course, but it would be great if you re-import the CVS msh file before you're going to change something next time. Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 04:39:16 PM »

Thanks Orbiterfan for the info.

Is it correct that the Rollout (scenario) currently is not supported by the meshland module? If I activate meshland module the crawler still keeps going through the launch pad and, the VAB exterior mesh and the MSS mesh start floating up like balloons?! Any ideas? Still, thank you for all the work!

* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

* SIM Bay for the SM

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 06:35:07 PM »

The rollout does support Meshland, are you sure you installed the latest Meshland pack? 

Cheers
Tschachim

FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »

Thanks Tschachim, now it works! I had an even later meshland version than the one included in Project Apollo.  Happy

* SIM Bay for the SM

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »

That's good to know! The Meshland version we're using is a bit outdated, we're going to take a look at later versions probably when we work more on the LM again.

Cheers
Tschachim 

Odyssey

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »

Hi there. Really want to upgrade from the Nassp 6.4 BETA.

How do I obtain this new beta and what the hell does CVS Update mean? Also, I don't have interent access on the computer that I use Orbiter for. Is this a problem?

Thanks

Odyssey Wink
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 02:16:19 PM »

Same question, same answer:  Wink
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1136.msg10775#msg10775

Odyssey

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 06:59:58 AM »

Okay. Sorry for the continuous questioning  Duh!

Erm... Would I be correct in thinking that at the moment, you can only do the parts of the mission that are mentioned in the checklists on the apollo 11 mission page? Can you not actually fly to the moon and back? Also, can you switch between using Nassp 6.4 and 7.0? So far I have saved a copy of the 6.4 folder on my hard drive so is there a better way of switching between the two without having to replace all the folders each time?

Thanks
Od Wink

Odyssey Wink
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 07:51:05 AM »

Erm... Would I be correct in thinking that at the moment, you can only do the parts of the mission that are mentioned in the checklists on the apollo 11 mission page? Can you not actually fly to the moon and back?

Well, with yesterday's beta modules (20070429) I'm quite sure that you can land on the moon in Standard and Quickstart Mode (not Virtual AGC mode), but it's very hard to find out how to do, especially how to activate the LM. The Apollo 11 mission article lists all reasonable documented mission phases, so yes, currently there's no easy and well documented way to fly to the moon and back.

Also, can you switch between using Nassp 6.4 and 7.0? So far I have saved a copy of the 6.4 folder on my hard drive so is there a better way of switching between the two without having to replace all the folders each time?

Two Orbiter installations?

Cheers
Tschachim

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: