Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 02, 2020, 09:13:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Modeling (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  main panel window at launch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: main panel window at launch  (Read 3841 times)
maddness

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2005, 12:50:01 PM »

At launch,  the main panel windows should be black, escape tower rocket cover, instead of blue skys?

After launch, when the escape tower is ejected, the windows should show space and stars.

Is this easy to do.

Thanks!
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 10:17:28 PM »

I'm sure somebody could do this without too much trouble. But, the cover had windows that allowed visibility through the left forward window, as well as the hatch window. All the rest were covered.
maddness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 01:40:18 PM »

:lol: Thanks for the reply chode :lol:
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 09:30:21 AM »

Yeah but I would guess to cover the windows in white colour (like the colour of the LES) with shadows on the cover comming from the edges of the windows. I already planned to simulate that a long time ago. Bitmaps for that will be ready soon...
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 09:33:15 AM »

Quote from: Moonwalker
Yeah but I would guess to cover the windows in white colour (like the colour of the LES) with shadows on the cover comming from the edges of the windows. I already planned to simulate that a long time ago. Bitmaps for that will be ready soon...

Good news.... it's like Apollo 13 movie  Tongue

Have a nice day
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »

I found an important thing that's long to find. I'm verry happy to share this with you.

The BPC is a part of the Launch Escape System (LES). READ THE FOLLOWING:

The LES consists of the tower, with all its rocket motors, instrumentation and canards; and the BPC (Boost Protective Cover), which is a shroud over the entire Command Module which protects the spacecraft from the friction generated heat of ascent, and from the exhaust of the Launch Escape Motor should the tower be used for an abort. The BPC includes two windows to allow visibility through the left hand and central windows of the CM. The central window is mounted in the main hatch of the CM. Only when the LES is jettisoned are the other three windows uncovered.]

This serious NASA link teld that:

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/ap15fj/01launch_to_earth_orbit.htm

So, is it possible to implement that in the current BETA.

We have the rendez-vous windows of the CDR and the hatch windows.

Have a nice day
catnap

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 04:14:49 PM »

Here is a link to a site showing diagrams of the BPC if anyone is interested

http://www.apollosaturn.com/boost.htm
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 05:15:58 PM »

Quote from: Coussini
The BPC includes two windows[/b] to allow visibility through the left hand and central windows of the CM. The central window is mounted in the main hatch of the CM.

Thanks for pointing that out. I know the left hand rendezvous window, but I was not sure about the hatch window.
Moonwalker did already the graphics for the window covers of the other 3 windows, we'll do the coding soon!

Cheers
Tschachim

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »

correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Lauch Protection Cover had a porthole for the left seat rendevous window and for the Hatch Window.  I know that the side windows and the Right Seat (LM Pilot) redevous windows were covered though.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 07:18:42 AM »

Quote from: Swatch
correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Lauch Protection Cover had a porthole for the left seat rendevous window and for the Hatch Window.  I know that the side windows and the Right Seat (LM Pilot) redevous windows were covered though.

Only two windows are not cover.

The hatch and the rendez-vous windows of the CDR

[The LES consists of the tower, with all its rocket motors, instrumentation and canards; and the BPC (Boost Protective Cover), which is a shroud over the entire Command Module which protects the spacecraft from the friction generated heat of ascent, and from the exhaust of the Launch Escape Motor should the tower be used for an abort. The BPC includes two windows to allow visibility through the left hand and central windows of the CM. The central window is mounted in the main hatch of the CM. Only when the LES is jettisoned are the other three windows uncovered.]

Have a nice day
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: