Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2020, 07:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  EMS progress/status report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: EMS progress/status report  (Read 22881 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »

Hi developers, mainly Chode Happy,

I'm going to begin with the EMS (http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/EMS), but only the dV modes for the SCS dV mode of the SPS, no entry stuff. Basically I would like to ask if anyone already started with the EMS, because then we should coordinate our work a little bit. If not I'd just go ahead with the stuff I need for the SPS and the entry part of the EMS can be integrated later.

Cheers
Tschachim

NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:33:02 AM »

Phantastic news. You're doing great work on the project Tschachim! And it gets greater and greater...  Very Happy

I think that at the moment nobody seems to work on the EMS stuff (at least news and progress of the EMS slowed down or even freezed).

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:23:50 AM »

The EMS dV stuff is finished for now, the currently working functions are explained here: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Entry_Monitoring_System

There's no panel screenshot with labels yet, I hope Moonwalker is going to add a bitmap of the ΔV/EMS SET rocker switch with it's five positions and we're going to get a entry scroll together with the entry functions (and VHF ranging functions) sooner or later. The EMS has a basic "status handling system" which hopefully can be extended easily to handle the entry functions, too.

Entry guys, it's your turn again!  Wink

Cheers
Tschachim

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »

Wonderfull Tschachim! Thumbs Up
I have a lot of work now to update the checklist. Wink
With the EMS stuff we now can perform transposition and docking with no need anymore of the attitude MFD. Things are becoming more and more like in real.
Thanks a lot!
And thanks for the wiki too. Very helpfull.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 02:21:28 PM »

With the EMS stuff we now can perform transposition and docking with no need anymore of the attitude MFD.

Well, you still need it for the SIVB (unfortunately...)

Cheers
Tschachim

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 02:45:41 PM »

With the EMS stuff we now can perform transposition and docking with no need anymore of the attitude MFD.

Well, you still need it for the SIVB (unfortunately...)

Cheers
Tschachim

You mean for the sep attitude? I agree. But If I understand well with the EMS you can monitor the +X delta V and so your relative motion with the SIVB, once separated; at least while considering the SIVB steady.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »

Yeah, that should work, but I didn't test it during transposition and docking, so some test results would be very interesting!  Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »

I'll do all of that this month with new checks.  Thumbs Up
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »

Reading the EMS documentation, it always displays velocity in feet per second. Should we use meters per second in non-Virtual AGC mode, for consistency with the AGC?

That said, theoretically the C++ AGC can use feet per second for inputs and displays, but only some parts of the code actually support it properly.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »

Reading the EMS documentation, it always displays velocity in feet per second. Should we use meters per second in non-Virtual AGC mode, for consistency with the AGC?

Yes, sounds reasonable for me.

That said, theoretically the C++ AGC can use feet per second for inputs and displays, but only some parts of the code actually support it properly.

Yes, until someone does some cleanup there (too much work for me currently)...  Wink
Additionally we could add metric/imperial units radiobuttons to the configurator, then the user can decide by himself what he wants to see in case of the Simple AGC.

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »

Sounds like a good idea: I think that currently the flag is in the AGC configuration, but it can easily be made vessel-wide.
Vincent Majerowicz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »

Hi, guys!!

I wanted to ask you, how is the EMS coming along? Is entry scrolls implemented? Excited!
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 06:22:40 PM »

No, enjoy the dV modes meanwhile: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/EMS  Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 09:51:07 PM »

Ok, I'm coming along nicely on the EMS, (still can't display the scroll, but I'll figure it out) but I have a question to the developers and anyone who might want to help me with some research. 
To developers.... Have you run across any documentation on the actual determination of when Entry Interface (.05G light) conditions have been met?
To others.... could you help me find a detailed description of these conditions.  The following is the excerpt from the Apollo Operations Handbook, but its not very detailed.
The altitude at which this indicator is illuminated is a function of the entry angle (velocity vector with respect to the local horizontal), the magnitude of the velocity vector, geographic location and heading, and atmospheric conditions.  Bias comparator circuits and timers are used to initiate this indicator

As you can see, I know qualitatively what is needed, but not quantitatively.  I've been having problems finding more specific information on this.  Any help would be great. 

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Apassi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »

Have you seen already these documents: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19720013191_1972013191.pdf
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19740072963_1974072963.pdf
May be you have, but just in case.  Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:52:54 PM by Apassi » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: