Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 04:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo 7 updated.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apollo 7 updated.  (Read 2576 times)
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2005, 01:25:09 AM »

I've made some changes to the Saturn IB and Apollo 7 that I'd be happy for people to check out.

First, I've moved the Saturn IB thrusters to coincide with the mesh.

I've also changed the launch autopilot so it works with the changed thrusters, and also supports a "heads-down" launch. There is also a change to the Apollo 7 scenario, in that it now launches "heads-down". I also added a "practice docking target" to the S-IVB stage for Apollo 7.

My eventual goal is  to help expand the Saturn IB missions supported by NASSP to Apollo  5, the 3 Skylab missions, and Apollo-Soyuz (and maybe also AS-201, 202, and 203).
maddness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:18:22 PM »

I would love to check it out.
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 12:18:09 AM »

If you don't have the ability to "checkout" and compile the source code, you'll have to wait until we put this into a patch or new release. My request was more directed towards other developers, to catch any obvious errors in the code.
Yogenfrutz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 06:46:13 AM »

Hi chode,
i havent checked your changes yet,as i am on holiday for now until next week.
But i just thought:your work would have been easier if you just changed the position of the flames and leave the position of the thrusters.It would look "like if" and no need to change autopilot and stuff.

But hey,it's done now  Tongue ,and much more realistic!

gonna check this soon.
We probably will release a patch for the LEM somewhere next week,maybe we could include the saturn1b as well.

cheers

yogenfrutz
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 01:09:30 PM »

Hi Chode,

I did a quick test yesterday, launch and earth orbit insertation was fine (staging looking real cool with all these thrusters  Very Happy).
Docking was fine, too, but if I save and reload after docking with the SIVB, the COAS "target" at the SIVB has gone and there is a kind of "docking device" in the middle of the SIVB, which was not there before...

Thanks and Greetings
Tschachim

chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 04:15:41 PM »

That docking thing is probably the Apollo-Soyuz docking module.

Are you starting up "Paused"? Whenever I start up "Paused", I get the docking module as the payload instead of what's supposed to be there, but it disappears as soon as I un-pause.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 04:28:43 PM »

... and if I try to load a quicksave during transposition and docking, it CTDs ...

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 04:31:14 PM »

No, I didn't start paused. I didn't use pause at all, but I used time acceleration up to 10 during launch.
And yes, it looks like the Apollo-Soyuz docking module. Did Apollo 7 have a docking module, too?

chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 05:51:28 PM »

Apollo 7 is only supposed to have the COAS target.

I'm not able to reproduce your problems.

Can you try to do a "clean rebuild" of the dll?
I have to do a clean and then rebuild the project whenever I edit a header file (not sure why exactly). In this case, nasspdefs.h was edited.

I usually get a CTD if I quit and start a new scenario without completely quitting and restarting Orbiter. I think maybe we aren't cleaning up after ourselves very well in NASSP (releasing handles, etc.).
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 06:01:18 PM »

OK, I am now getting the bug where the docking module appears when saving/restarting after docking. I'll see if I can find out what's wrong.

Actually, your not supposed to be able to dock with the SIVB on Apollo 7, but I left the port there so the docking MFD would work.
chode
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 01:04:46 AM »

Well,  I've found that the source of the problem is that the Saturn 1B code "defaults" to the ASTP mission in a few places,  so I've had to make a number of edits to properly support a more "generic" payload system, more like what is implemented on the Saturn V. I've commited the changed files (one scenario, one config, two source files, one header).

Again, I'd be happy if people could give it a try (starting over from the new Apollo 7 launch scenario).

These changes should make the implementation of Apollo 5 somewhat easier as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: