Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 02:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  FDAI Question ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FDAI Question ...  (Read 813 times)
bertog

g.bertolino@garellicomputers.com
View Profile
« on: March 28, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »

Others are used only once for specific maneuvers, in fact there are unique ones for individual burns. These are computed in real time by the computer while in thrust programs (P40's) and can be activated by the P52 or P54 programs (option 1 "preferred"). The purpose of the burn specific reference frames is to display the zero reference (corresponding to 'wings' at level and "ball centered" in an aircraft) or when the spacecraft is steady at the desired burn attitude. In this case, if there is something wrong with the autopilot when the burn as started and the spacraft commence to drift in a wrong attitude, it's more easy for the astronaut to manually control the ship and return it to the right attitude corresponding with the 0 deflection from each axis.

Tryng some burn for the EOCA testing I don't understand how to obtain this FDAI display ... I  made my P52 Option 1 but the FDAI is not "ball centered".

In which way i have to set the FDAI related switch ?

Thanks Guido

<< Hey, there it is ! There it is !! Son of a gun, right down the middle of the road !! >> - Pete Conrad
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 11:32:41 AM »

The FDAI will be centered (except for the roll to be adjust manually) not as soon you did the IMU realign but as soon as you have complete the auto mnvr while in P40.
Otherwise it would have no sense.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: