Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 02:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Docking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Docking  (Read 825 times)
bg114

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:07:53 AM »

I am using Nassp 7.0  - quickstart - apollo 14 launch - I got out to the moon and into Luanr orbit just fine. When I undocked from the LM/CSM I decided to redock. But I couldn't. Perfect alignment, .01 m/s closing rate. Is it me or is it Nassp.

Thanks.

P.s.  to all of you working on this wonderful project - THANK YOU ! - I love it, keep up the awesome job.
Odyssey

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 03:44:13 AM »

Well I currently have the 6.4 version so as far as checklists go, I'm not sure. Just one thing. Did you use the LM Sep 2 switch in the CSM to undock? If you did, you have to make sure that you have reset the switch before re-docking other-wise it doesn't work.

Odyssey Wink

Odyssey Wink
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:54:29 AM »

Did you follow this topic: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1152.0 ?

I just tried it, I undocked by unguarding and switching the DOCKING PROBE switch to EXTD/REL. Then I just moved the CSM forward back in the direction of the LM with some forward linear thrusters and it redocked just fine. Do _not_ use the CSM/LM FINAL SEP 1 or 2 switch, both do the final CSM/LM separation and you cannot redock again. You can check this by switching to exterior view and check if you still have a docking probe.

Cheers
Tschachim

bg114

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:30:36 AM »

Yes, I realized what I had done not soon after writng the post, Thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: