Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 06:49:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  Apollo Training Videos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Apollo Training Videos  (Read 24038 times)
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 01:09:56 AM »

can we host the videos on the sourceforge site?

What kind of bandwidth limitations do we have there?

WOW, just watched the P52 video...excellent job there man, these really are the best possible way to learn the vAGC.  Keep up the good work, I'll be watchin intently for more.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:29:36 AM by Swatch » Logged

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:23 AM »

can we host the videos on the sourceforge site? What kind of bandwidth limitations do we have there?

We could host them using the file release system (too big for the project web server), no limitations there (except SourceForge downtimes Wink)

Cheers
Tschachim

Ireland

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 08:30:43 AM »

Hey Bunyap!  Nice video.  Which procedure are you planning to showcase next?  I wouldn't mind seeing some DAP use for trans. & docking with the LEM.  Keep up the good work. Excited!
Bunyap

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »

If you guys want to post them somewhere else feel free. I have no problems what-so-ever with a third party distributing them. They were made for the community and the community can use them as they see fit.  Happy  I have plenty of space and bandwidth so I'll keep them up on my site for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the info Tschachim. I was a little fuzzy on the exact step the fine align was performed on. I'll update the video this weekend.

I just returned from a six week course with the Air Force and haven't had a chance to work on anything else. I'll try to make time this weekend for a CSM separation from the S-IVB and DAP operations. From there, I hope to finish out the Apollo 7 mission and move on to Apollo 8. At this rate it may be a while but the fun is in getting there. Happy

Thanks for the feedback fellas...
jc121081
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 09:49:35 PM »

After being gone a while I figured I'd check back to see what progress has been made and the first thing that caught my eye were these training videos! Wow! Great job! Perhaps one that could be added to the list later on would be a training vid on how to use TransX or IMFD to compute a TLI on Apollo 8 or later.

Personally, I prefer to use the AGC to keep things realistic, so that leaves IMFD out because of the autoburn. The AGC portion I've never had a problem with, just computing the TLI velocity via TransX. Lack of patience, or common sense on my part. Who knows, but great job on the videos!
bugg_tb

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have domain registered with unlimited storage space, if people want me to host videos for the NASSP project then feel free to send me a message or leave a note here.

Cheers and the new beta looks cool

Tom
Bunyap

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

I just uploaded a new video called "Apollo 7 Launch Demonstration".  (See the first post in this thread for the link.)

It starts at t-20sec and walks through the procedures up until SECO...
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »

Great, thanks a lot!  Thumbs Up
I've put it to our SourceForge site, too: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nassp/files/Videos%20and%20Multimedia/Project%20Apollo%20-%20NASSP%207/

Bunyap

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »

Cool, thanks Tschachim.

The post-insertion demonstration is uploaded.  Its a big file (193mb) so be patient... Happy

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »

Nicely done Bunyap

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Bunyap

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »

Thanks, Swatch.

A Caution and Warning System demonstration is uploaded.  I'm blown away by the attention to detail shown by whoever programmed this system... Very well done!

Bunyap

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »

An overview of the SPS is uploaded.  Again, great job on implementing the system...
Bunyap

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 01:38:14 AM »

One more video is posted...  See the first post for the link.  I perform the CSM/SIVB separation and first phasing maneuver from around 3 hours into the mission.  It isn't really a demonstration of the procedures; its just me flying around and getting re-aquainted with the timeline, evaluating spacecraft manual handling, and commenting on it all.

I will be doing this again soon with an actual checklist and maybe add some comm from the ground too.

Its pretty boring so watch this one at your own risk.  Happy

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »

All files have been uploaded, keep it up!  Happy

BlueManGroup10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »

About this...  How do you record a video of what's going on on the screen of your computer?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: