Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
20456 Posts in 1974 Topics by 2252 Members
Latest Member: Thymo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  LM Landing questions/report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] Print
Author Topic: LM Landing questions/report  (Read 84558 times)
BigDAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #690 on: August 11, 2006, 07:41:38 AM »

Panel 8, set switch from Safe to Free.

BigDAS

"We should, in my judgement, put a man on Mars by the end of this century"
Vice President Spiro T. Agnew - July 16, 1969
legion

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 11, 2006, 08:01:46 AM »

Panel 8, set switch from Safe to Free.

the whole panel 8 doesnt work.....there are many buttons in the lm wich dont work....
what can i do now?

-plz help!!-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:53:50 AM by legion » Logged
BigDAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #692 on: August 11, 2006, 03:12:49 PM »

You're right, sorry. Seems that you can't deploy the legs, which means that you can't complete the mission. Hopefully, someone will give this a priority activation.

BigDAS

"We should, in my judgement, put a man on Mars by the end of this century"
Vice President Spiro T. Agnew - July 16, 1969
thermocalc

View Profile Email
« Reply #693 on: August 21, 2006, 06:00:15 PM »

Hi,
just some small questions:
1: I wanted to try the lunar lift-off in the Apollo 14 quickstart scenery ... as described in the LMdoc.txt from LazyD but the VAGC is switched off, it seems there is no current....how can I switch it on?

2. about NASSP 6.4.3 ... I am trying to figure out (readings tutorials, and posts in this forum) how to do a successful TLI starting from the EPO .... I have still BIG problems to arrive to the moon but the few times that I arrived there I used so much fuel to slow down and get into lunar orbit that after that I was not able anymore to get back...as it is frustrating get lost into the dark space so many times and I can never training myself to get back home is there a way to save the simulation as soon as I am in lunar orbit and changing the quantity of fuel on board?Huh I know it is not an elegant solution but for the time being it would be very useful for me to "complete" at least one mission.....how can I do that? do I need to use the "scenario editor" ? but how to change the fuel?

OK.........thanks for your patience.
cheers!
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #694 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:23 AM »

I don't know if there is a gas station on the moon! Very Happy

What you can do is to save your scenario (ctrl S), leave the sim , open your saved scenario with a text editor and change the values of the line PRPLEVEL, in the chapter "BEGIN SHIPS"
You will see different ones numbered from 0 to 4. I don't know exactly which one is related to the SPS fuel, but you can do several attempts; the others are for the RCS.
You will see for example: "0:0.154" that means you have 15,4% fuel left in the tank number 0. Change for "0:1.000" and you will have a plenty tank number 0.

TLI and trajectory to the moon requires great work and training.
For my own I use IMFD in offplan intercept mode to do that. But you must be very accurate during the computation. The best way I found to reached the moon while in Apollo 8 for example, and this mission is one of the most difficult to do because the planes are largely non aligned is to match the timeline as a prime goal. I mean that you may want to set the historical date and time both for TLI and arrival time behindf the moon. In this way you will be very close of the real trajectory which of course is valid with the CSM SPS fuel capability.
During the TLI computation, don't bother with the resulting equator inclination around the moon. If you depart and arrive on time you MUST be on the right trajectory and with the proper inclination. You may want to adjust the inclination during the midcourse correction; for information the Apollo 8 historical flight path was 12 inclinated related to moon equator, which is, in IMFD terms, 168 because it's a retrograde course: that means that you'r orbiting the moon from left side to right side as seen from the earth.
With IMFD the most hard to perform is to properly adjust the moon Pe to around 111km (60Nm) because the there is no IMFD program accurate enough to do that. It requires a sort of intuition or feeling or what you want. The best is to try different methods during training.
Remember too that the shape of the orbit is less important than the period. I mean that, for example, if your Pe is too high you simply may decrease your Ap to get back to the same orbital period. According to the Keplerian law (the first one no?) if the semi major axis of to orbits are equal the periods are equals too.
In this way, if you match the real orbital period you can complete the mission very close to the historical one.

I hope that this could help you a bit.
Have nice virtual spaceflights.
Cheers.
thermocalc

View Profile Email
« Reply #695 on: August 22, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »

Hallo Christope,
thank you very much for your kind reply. I will try to follow your instructions.
about the TLI, yes I realize that it is really a difficult matter ... anyway I will try my best to master this part hoping in the meanwhile that LazyD will make progress developing his TLI-autopilot (actually I really hope that once it will be possible to let the computer found out a best solution to get there...).
take care.
bye for the moment.
Lovebee06
« Reply #696 on: August 01, 2009, 03:57:15 AM »

Can you explain further what is that LM Landing  all about? I am not to familiar on the word, itself... Can someone do it for me??? Any information is appreciated... Thanks in advance...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:35:43 AM by Tschachim » Logged
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 01, 2009, 05:15:20 AM »

Why did you post in a thread that is almost three years old?
If you don't know what it is, you don't have to worry about it.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: August 01, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »

...in order to promote a spam URL I just removed...  Happy

dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »

Ahh, SEO spam. I can't believe I missed that.
UKLN8860

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 24, 2009, 08:49:40 AM »

Wink
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: