Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2020, 09:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  ApolloTelemetryMFD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: ApolloTelemetryMFD  (Read 11701 times)
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:56:14 PM »

Oops, thanks a lot for pointing that out, I committed your fix!  Thumbs Up

...because I think I haven't any authorisation to edit the CVS source code.

I'd be happy to grant you write access, I just need to know your SourceForge user name.

Cheers
Tschachim

Hi Tschachim,

I have just registered on Sourceforge site. My user name is gschnell. Please grant this account to CVS access.

Other thing:
I started a new MFD project. This MFD (name: ApolloTelemtryMFD) can calculate the correct local horizon reference state vector from orbiter actual data, and send it after appropriate conversion to VAGC trough uplink protocol.

I hope this is a new idea. I think it helps to make easier a state vector update. Do you interest it? This is only alpha version.

Best regards

George

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »

I have just registered on Sourceforge site. My user name is gschnell. Please grant this account to CVS access.

Welcome to Project Apollo!  Happy

I started a new MFD project. This MFD (name: ApolloTelemtryMFD) can calculate the correct local horizon reference state vector from orbiter actual data, and send it after appropriate conversion to VAGC trough uplink protocol.

Wow, feature-wise this is new, great and we really need it!   Thumbs Up

But I really would like to integrate this feature in the existing ProjectApolloMFD, I think one MFD is enough. Happy We could integrate it as a "screen" of it's own, or if it doesn't display much data, add the button(s) to the GNC screen. The code is in ProjectApolloMFD.cpp/.h, of course I can help you with everything you want to do. What do you think?

Cheers
Tschachim

barry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »

It would be great if this also worked for Luminary, and the LGC once the code worked for the CFM and the AGC
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:34:08 PM »

Hi,

I have made a beta version of ApolloTelemetryMFD. The plug-in dll can be download from following link:

http://www.t-online.hu/webtarhely/download/schneci1/ProjectApollo/ApolloTelemetry.dll

After start push the left most upper button (UPL - Up-Link) and after it push the new left most upper button (UPD - UpdateSV).

On the screen you can see the state vectors (POS, VEL) of the orbiter and  the transformed local horizon version.

After it you can see the VAGC write the V71 commands with the appropriate octal state vector data.

The other button not works currently.

Good luck!

George

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:44:33 PM »

I got nothing on this link Sad
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

Hi Christophe,

Sorry, I think misstake. The correct link is:

http://web.t-online.hu/schneci1/ProjectApollo/ApolloTelemetry.dll

The additional notes for MFD: this code generate the orbiter's directory a ApolloTelemetry MFD.log file, which includes the Uplink operational, and possible to control what was the process.

Best regards,

George
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 12:19:56 AM »

It would be great if this also worked for Luminary, and the LGC once the code worked for the CFM and the AGC

Hi Tschachim,

I think it is a good idea, that to integrate this functionality into the currently operate ProjectApolloMFD plug-in. Happy Please check and test our AplolloTelemetryMFD prototype following link:

The instruction of using, you can see above in two our messages.

If functionality of it appropriate, I try to integrate Up-link feature into your source. But I need your help to do it.

Best regards,

George
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 03:03:17 AM »

Hi schneci!
Thanks for the link. I've just downloaded it.
A question: Would it be possible to have access to the refsmmat too?
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 02:03:53 PM »

Hi Christophe,

I forgot to tell you the Up-link data load process able to work if you set the UP TLM switch block to DATA position on the panel 3, and UP TLM switch to ACCEPT position on the panel 2 and 122. Duh!

Other question: witch document describe the RFSMMAT calculation (like State Vector update excel file)?

Best regards,

George
Apassi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 09:25:57 PM »

Hi Schneci ! Hello everybody Happy

Using Apollotelemetry.dll gives me noticification of missing msvcp70d.dll file Confused
Suggestions?

Apassi

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:32:14 PM by Apassi » Logged
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »

Sounds like it's built for debug so you don't have the debug DLL from Microsoft.
jc121081
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 12:34:52 PM »

Using Apollotelemetry.dll gives me noticification of missing msvcp70d.dll file Confused
Suggestions?

To answer your question, you'll probably need two .dll files installed to your windows/system32 directory. One would be msvcp70d.dll and the other would be msvcr70d.dll. I know that these files can be found simply googling the filenames, but the legality of these files would be in question. That would most ostensibly solve your problem.

schneci,

I'm tinkering with your MFD a bit and I must say, GREAT JOB!  Thumbs Up I am having a problem using it, though. I start the MFD, and all the uplink switches are in the "accept" or "data" position. Now, when I hit UPL and then hit UPD, the local velocities on the following screen are all zeroes. It is when I hit the SND button, the AGC goes through the motions of V71, but I fear it may have uploaded the zero values and not the correct values (I confirmed this using V82, the orbit in the AGC was quite awkward). Am I missing a step?

Regards,
jc121081
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:50:17 PM by jc121081 » Logged
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »

Hi Christophe,

I forgot to tell you the Up-link data load process able to work if you set the UP TLM switch block to DATA position on the panel 3, and UP TLM switch to ACCEPT position on the panel 2 and 122. Duh!
Fine! That's exactly the answer to the question I asked to myself last night before sleeping (Yes I sthink to NASSP even when sleeping...  Evil or Very Mad)
Other question: witch document describe the RFSMMAT calculation (like State Vector update excel file)?
It's somewhere in the AGC memory but I don't know where. May be irnenginer or dseagrav could answer.

It would be fine for my EOCA if I would have direct access to the refsmmat otherwise I would have to recompute it. It's not so difficult but the result may differ a little bit from the original one and makes a little inaccuracy in my calculator
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 02:25:08 PM »

schneci,

I'm tinkering with your MFD a bit and I must say, GREAT JOB!  Thumbs Up I am having a problem using it, though. I start the MFD, and all the uplink switches are in the "accept" or "data" position. Now, when I hit UPL and then hit UPD, the local velocities on the following screen are all zeroes. It is when I hit the SND button, the AGC goes through the motions of V71, but I fear it may have uploaded the zero values and not the correct values (I confirmed this using V82, the orbit in the AGC was quite awkward). Am I missing a step?

Regards,
jc121081

Hi jc121081,

Thank you for testing. I found a bug. I have put a new version (Beta-2 v 0.3) on the following link:

If you push the UPL button, the next screen shows the actual State Vector data at the time, which can see on this window. After this you have to push the UPD button if you want to send this values to VAGC. You can check the uplink process in the "ApolloTelemetryMFD.log" file, which you can find in root directory of your Orbiter. You can compare EMEM data of "VAGC State Vector Update.xls" to UPDATE SV data of log file, if you load LHR and LHV floating numbers into RPOS and RVEL fields of this xls file.

Best regards,

George
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:09:48 PM by schneci » Logged
jc121081
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 10:25:41 AM »

Hi schneci,

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded and installed the .dll plugin, and tested it out as before. Now, the RPOS and RVEL values are no longer just zeroes, and I confirmed its accuracy by using the CMC Update .xls at the same time I hit the UPD button and compared that with the values in the log file as you stated. The numbers are good it seems, but when I hit the SND button (I do have to hit the SND button to update the AGC, right?) the orbit on V82 is off still. After I hit UPD, V71 is not automatedly performed on the AGC, that's why I assumed I had to hit SND afterwards. Is this correct?

Thanks,
jc121081
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: