Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 01:30:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  ApolloTelemetryMFD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: ApolloTelemetryMFD  (Read 11585 times)
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »

Can you add here a print screen of the telemetry MFD, just for us. It's important to see the work in progress.

Thanks.

Have a nice day
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 06:39:43 AM »

Hi schneci,

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded and installed the .dll plugin, and tested it out as before. Now, the RPOS and RVEL values are no longer just zeroes, and I confirmed its accuracy by using the CMC Update .xls at the same time I hit the UPD button and compared that with the values in the log file as you stated. The numbers are good it seems, but when I hit the SND button (I do have to hit the SND button to update the AGC, right?) the orbit on V82 is off still. After I hit UPD, V71 is not automatedly performed on the AGC, that's why I assumed I had to hit SND afterwards. Is this correct?

Thanks,
jc121081

Hi jc121081,

Yes it's that correct. I made an annotation figure:

1: Start the Uplink procedure (Push UPL)
2: Make a copy of State Vectors at GET (Push UPD)
3: Start the Uplink procedure with data of State Vectors at GET (2) (Push UPL)

I hope it is help for you

Best regards,

George
jc121081
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 08:39:51 AM »

Thanks so much, that is a very informative figure! Sums it all up really good.

However, I'm still getting off values (negative periapsis altitude) from V82, following the exact procedure in the figure. I'll take a look at the logfile and compare it to the spreadsheet again to see what could be going wrong, but for the time being I'm stumped.
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 08:40:17 AM »

Thanks so much, that is a very informative figure! Sums it all up really good.

However, I'm still getting off values (negative periapsis altitude) from V82, following the exact procedure in the figure. I'll take a look at the logfile and compare it to the spreadsheet again to see what could be going wrong, but for the time being I'm stumped.

Hi jc121081,

I checked by V82 and I have got negative number too. Ashamed I modified the code and the new version is working better, because V82 show correct numbers. Yes However I think the State Vector Update xls is giving wrong solution, because the earlier version of ApolloTelemetryMFD is based on the xls rule. No

You can download the new version (you can see the link in earlier messages)

Best regards,

George
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:04:52 AM »

I checked by V82 and I have got negative number too. Ashamed I modified the code and the new version is working better, because V82 show correct numbers. Yes However I think the State Vector Update xls is giving wrong solution, because the earlier version of ApolloTelemetryMFD is based on the xls rule. No

Hi schneci, good work! Thumbs Up
Allthough the worksheet is useless now for SV update, could you explain the modification to your code in order to see where the problem was.
I'd like not to make similar errors with EOCA.

One last question. Do you plan to go further with other updates: external delta V, landing site and so on...?
Would be great!
Apassi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

Hi!

Just wondering what compilers you are using ?. It seems that you guys dont have missing dlls problem.
I presume its related to the c++ compiler version.  Im still using Visual Studio 6.

It would be nice to test that telemetry plugin.

Thanks.

Apassi

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:55:52 PM by Apassi » Logged
schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »

Hi!

Just wondering what compilers you are using ?. It seems that you guys dont have missing dlls problem.
I presume its related to the c++ compiler version.  Im still using Visual Studio 6.

It would be nice to test that telemetry plugin.

Thanks.

Apassi

Hi Apassi

Sorry for late answer, but I was very busy in last time. I use MSVC 7.0 version and I think your environment use other version compiler and dll. I offer for you to download the msvcp70d.dll file from internet for example from this site: http://www.dlldll.com/msvcp70d.dll_download.html

PS: The current version of Apollo Telemetry MFD only can sends Update State Vectors trough uplink mechanism. I try to develop a new version which can calculates and sends REFSMMAT data to Virtual AGC.

Best regards,

George

Apassi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »

Thanks Schneci.

Finally Igot those dlls. I have visited earlier that site, but I didnt notice the counter.

And for now some testing.

Apassi

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 06:30:03 PM by Apassi » Logged
irnenginer
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »

What a get feature Thumbs Up

So about uploading REFSMMAT, that's going to be tricky.

For a uploaded REFSMMAT you what the stable member (the IMU) to be in a set orientation to the basic reference. The big question is where would you want that orientation to be?

I don't have a good answer for this question right now. I could see some points in the mission where this capability would be useful but it would be a very dynamic thing, dependent what they were accomplishing at the time.  I will think on this some more. Passed that it is pretty easy to setup.

To answer the direct question though REFSMMAT is EMEM1735-1756.

Another thought is to add a mission time adjust feature.
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 12:43:18 PM »

What a get feature Thumbs Up

So about uploading REFSMMAT, that's going to be tricky.

For a uploaded REFSMMAT you what the stable member (the IMU) to be in a set orientation to the basic reference. The big question is where would you want that orientation to be?

I don't have a good answer for this question right now. I could see some points in the mission where this capability would be useful but it would be a very dynamic thing, dependent what they were accomplishing at the time.  I will think on this some more. Passed that it is pretty easy to setup.

To answer the direct question though REFSMMAT is EMEM1735-1756.

Another thought is to add a mission time adjust feature.

When speaking about refsmmat I was thinking to the matrix itself. Independantly of time, the matrix is somewhere in the AGC memory (and thanx for the corresponding EMEM), isn't it?
irnenginer
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »

To create a REFSMAT you will need this attachment. This is actually the first spreadsheet I did working on the vAGC. It does all the coordinate system conversions so I could figure out how the alignment stuff works. Notice that the matrix is stored by taking the actual matrix and dividing by half.

In other news when I was reading earlier how the MFD was taking from the state vector spreadsheet it reminded me that I had screwed that spreadsheet up and the state vectors you get are wrong, and I forgot to fix it.  Duh! Basically all of the inverses I took in the yellow fields are bogus. I fixed the spreadsheet and have committed the changes. The bug does not show up in V82 because the orbit that is created is valid and has the same AP and PED as the real orbit, just in the wrong location. It really shows up when you try to align nominally to the new state vectors, and when you try to find the moon with the AGC.

One other thought on adding features. The ability to update the "other vehicle" state vectors. 

* IMU Conversions.zip (17.62 KB - downloaded 113 times.)
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 04:56:43 AM »

Cool! Great stuff  Thumbs Up
lassombra

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 10:39:06 AM »

Is there any chance of adding the source to cvs?  I can add it to the VC++ 2005 project files if need be.

My current Project Apollo work:

Quickstart to the Moon initiative (Quickstart_to_the_Moon): Done through earth orbit.  Working on new method of calculating TLI.

Checklist Controller: 
  • MFD Interface 99%(Minor cleanup and future features remain)
  • Panel Interface 99%
  • Excel interface and logic 99%
  • LEM Event code.0%
  • DSKY Interface code. Framework complete, creating "buttons"
  Approximately 80% done. (Checklist Controller
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »

Yeah, additionally I would like to merge it with the ProjectApolloMFD, but this can be done as a next step, of course.

Cheers
Tschachim

schneci
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »

Yeah, additionally I would like to merge it with the ProjectApolloMFD, but this can be done as a next step, of course.

Cheers
Tschachim

Hi Tschachim,

I made a new version of ApolloTelemetry MFD, which includes not only state Vector update, but REFSMMAT update. I use for calculation of reference matrix the definition (6.3.16) and the equations (6.3.18) in "R-577-sec5-rev4-5-6.pdf" 5.6.3.3 REFSMMAT Transformations chapter.

My question is: How can I test by Virtual AGC this new version? Witch Program and routine have to use to see how works my code?
Could you help me? Embarassed

Best regards,

George
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: