Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2020, 09:03:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  Apollo 7 (vAGC) Flightplan and Procedures
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Apollo 7 (vAGC) Flightplan and Procedures  (Read 28070 times)
Mooncat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »

Could this be why I'm having trouble with P40 and P41 in Apollo 8 ? It loads but never starts. No error code or DSKY lights either. P40 loads and starts OK in Apollo 7 although I haven't tried to do anything with it yet.

Edit :- I haven't tried to put the new EMEM data in the Apollo 8 scenario yet. I don't really understand what the EMEMS are. I'll search the forum and try to find out  Wink
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:49:59 AM by Mooncat » Logged
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »

That is very good news!  Yes I am curious, though, if you used the scenario editor to place the SC coelliptic with the SIVB like you had previously for these rendezvous. If not, I'm greatly interrested in hearing how you had accomplished this.

Don't know wether people are interested in but I work on coelliptic phasing maneuvers with my EOCA worksheet.
I'm very busy at work these days so things go slowly but I hope that it could be done next week .
Normally the user should be asked to enter the desired time for RDV, the desired delta height (that can be picked up from mission report or flight plan), the elevation angle for TPI (same source or simply 28 nominally), the time of CSI burn and the number of phasing orbits. Then the calculator will respond in order to give you:
- Phasing burn elements (TIG & delta V's)
- CSI burn elements.
- CDH burn elements.

Additionally I'm working too on sunrise/sunsets orbit ephemeresis in order to choose the RDV time so as it occurs in daylight and with the best target illumination conditions. Something that is very hard to predict with standards orbiter tools.
jc121081
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »

Don't know wether people are interested in but I work on coelliptic phasing maneuvers with my EOCA worksheet.
I'm very busy at work these days so things go slowly but I hope that it could be done next week .
Normally the user should be asked to enter the desired time for RDV, the desired delta height (that can be picked up from mission report or flight plan), the elevation angle for TPI (same source or simply 28 nominally), the time of CSI burn and the number of phasing orbits. Then the calculator will respond in order to give you:
- Phasing burn elements (TIG & delta V's)
- CSI burn elements.
- CDH burn elements.

Hi Christophe!

You know that I'm interrested!  Very Happy  Excited! I was meaning to ask you how your progress with EOCA was going. Tout comme avant, je veux l'essayer. Je ne peux pas attendre de voir la nouvelle addition de rendez-vous! Maintenir le bon travail!

Hi irnenginer,

Unfortunately, the EMEM values you gave me disoriented the optics when it tried to locate the moon. However, I was able to pull off a MCC using P40 during TLC, (thanks to the EMEM values you posted, and tschachim for adding the PAMFD/BaseApproach tie) so some good news there, at least.  Thumbs Up
jc121081
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »

Good news...

Last night I completed a successful P23 (cislunar navigation) in Apollo 8. I will include a procedure for those who wish to test below. This covers the star/horizon calibration and marking option for state vector validation. For the star/landmark option, the operation is somewhat similar in respect to P22, with the key differences being that you must calibrate the sextant to a calibration star and then mark a specific landmark once instead of five times. I will include more on this option later. For sake of proper vAGC moon ephemeris data, it would probably be safer to test this in Apollo 7 for now.

Key "F4" to open the menu   
   Choose "Visual helpers..." in the "Main" window    
   Check "Planetarium mode" in the "Visual helpers" window   
   Check "Celestial" in the "Markers" box and press the "Config" button nearby   
   Highlight "Apollo AGC navigation stars" in the "Configure celestial markers" window   
   Close all of the menu windows   
DSKY   V48E   
   Line 1: 10002   value of 00000 deactivates DAP
   Line 2: 01111   quads used in maneuver
   PRO   
   Line 1: xxxxx   CSM weight in lbs
   Line 2: 00000   LEM weight in lbs
   PRO   
   Line 1: xxx.xx   pitch gimbal adjustment angle
   Line 2: xxx.xx   yaw gimbal adjustment angle
   PRO   
1   SC CONT - CMC (UP)   
DSKY   V46E   starts DAP
   V16 N91E   
   Line 1: xxx.xx   shaft angle in degrees
   Line 2: xxx.xx   trunnion angle in degrees
122   MODE - ZERO (DOWN)   
   Wait for angles in AGC to read 00000   
   MODE - CMC (UP)   
   Roll to 0 degrees and Yaw to 0 degrees   
DSKY   V37E 23E   
   Line 1: 000xx   calibration star code
   Line 2: xxxxx   landmark option: 100 Earth, 200 Moon
   Line 3: xxxxx   horizon option: 110 near Earth, 120 far Earth, 210 near Moon, 220 far Moon
   V25E 000(star code)E 00000E 00110E   loads calibration star, near earth horizon option
   PRO   
   Line 1: 00202   auto maneuver preparation code
1   CMC MODE - AUTO (UP)   
DSKY   PRO   COMP ACTY will light for a moment
   Line 1: xxx.xx   roll angle
   Line 2: xxx.xx   pitch angle
   Line 3: xxx.xx   yaw angle
   PRO   AGC will automatically align CSM within range to align optics with Earth and calibration star specified
   Once AGC is finished aligning attitude, "V50 N18" will flash on AGC, then proceed with following steps   
   ENTR   
122   MODE - MANUAL (CENTER)   
SCT   Use the W,A,S,D keys in the scanning telescope to locate and center calibration star in the telescope   
122   SPEED - LO (DOWN)   
SXT   Center the star in the sextant using the W,A,S,D keys   
   Key "Q" to mark the star ("E" rejects the mark, key "Q" again to re-mark)   
DSKY   Line 2: xx.xxx   trunnion bias calibration angle in degrees
   PRO   
122   SPEED - HI (UP)   
SCT   Use the W,A,S,D keys in the telescope to locate the Earth and center its horizon closest to the calibration star in the telescope   
122   SPEED - LO (DOWN)   
SXT   Center the sextant on the horizon (curve where Earth meets space) using the W,A,S,D keys.   
   Key "Q" to mark the horizon ("E" rejects the mark, key "Q" again to re-mark)   
   Line 1: 00016   terminate marking sequence
   PRO   
   V37E 23E   
   Line 1: 000xx   verify calibration star code
   Line 2: xxxxx   verify landmark option
   Line 3: xxxxx   verify horizon option
   PRO   COMP ACTY will light for a moment
   Line 1: xxx.xx   state vector poistion change in nm
   Line 2: xxxx.x   state vector velocity change in fps
   Value at 00000 (all balls) for both is good   
   PRO   
   00E
122   SPEED - HI (UP)

Regards,
jc121081
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 04:54:47 AM »

Thanks Justin!
You looks like a real test pilot! Where did you get that "right stuff"? Cool
jc121081
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

Hah hah, thanks. But I think everyone knows who the real pilot here is... *points at Christophe*  Very Happy
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 04:53:46 PM »

Hah hah, thanks. But I think everyone knows who the real pilot here is... *points at Christophe*  Very Happy

bof! just a bus driver...
jc121081
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 10:39:55 PM »

Just committed v1.3 of the Apollo 7 vAGC flightplan. Improvements are as follows:

Added switch settings for panels 351, 352, 375, 377, and 379
Added flightplan listings and procedures for P22 & P23
Added Backup IMU Alignment flightplan listing and procedure for P54
Further improvement of existing procedures

Enjoy,
jc121081
slydude123

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 03:27:10 PM »

The vAGC has been giving me some problems running P23. On P23 it works fine up until the 00202 checklist item. I hit pro, and the comp activity light comes on and stays on and never turns off, and it doesn't load the attitude angles.
jc121081
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 10:26:59 PM »

I've had that problem before, but not on the Apollo 7 vAGC scenario. I tested this procedure step-by-step just shortly before I committed it the other day, so unless there was a change committed since then, I'm not positively sure what it may be. Basically, the only other times I could recollect having this problem was after a state vector update was keyed incorrectly (which can happen alot, since there are a lot of octals to key) or the DAP wasn't activated previously. Have you been using the CMC Update spreadsheet for state vector updates or the TelemetryMFD?
slydude123

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 11:27:01 PM »

I tried using it on the vAGC Apollo 8 scenario, but using the Apollo 7 checklist. I did the vector updates using the telemetryMFD. I think I'll try manual input to see if that fixes the problem
slydude123

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2007, 12:37:09 AM »

I tried a manual update and I got the same results. I used the V69 restart and i get a 1202 exec overflow alarm. I'm stumped as to whats causing it. Maybe it's because I'm trying to update during TLC, I have no idea though.  Undecided
irnenginer
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2007, 01:49:18 AM »

I think your problem is using the Apollo 8 Scenario. It has issues related to the vAGC load that sends it "off in the weeds" when doing heavy orbital tasks like P23. I am working on it and should have an updated scenario in a day or so, with some other stuff in Apollo7.

Merry Christmas

jc121081
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 10:22:40 PM »

Committed v1.4 of the Apollo 7 vAGC Flightplan, with additional switch settings for newly-implemented panels, future switch setting information for new panels that are not yet fully developed, and extended post-landing checklist and crew egress procedure. This will cover the jist of this mission for a while until a few other additions arrive.

My time is going to be focused on testing the vAGC Apollo 8 Scenario and composing the preliminary release copy of its corresponding flightplan and procedures, where I have already composed a good portion of the "basic" flightplan and have the necessary procedures available to be included as well. Thanks to irnenginer, we will now be able to use the vAGC on trajectories outside of Earth orbit, up to and including lunar orbit. I have already made the neccessary procedures from scratch on how to perform SCS (I suppose orbiter style?) maneuvers (using IMFD), and will begin to augment them with new G&N (realistic) procedures utilizing the vAGC. Unlike before, we now have the functionality of the IMFD/PAMFD tie to convert the delta velocities required for these maneuvers (in fps, LVLH) to be stored relatively easily within P30. Expect an update after the next few days.

Regards,
jc121081
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:25:02 PM by jc121081 » Logged
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 06:23:05 AM »

I have already made the neccessary procedures from scratch on how to perform SCS (I suppose orbiter style?) maneuvers (using IMFD),

hi Justin!
What do you call as SCS maneuvers?
Could you elaborate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: