Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 04:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Sol 2018
| |-+  Planning
| | |-+  Sol 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sol 2018?  (Read 5241 times)
Zachstar

Is it Star Trek?

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 04:25:59 AM »

What will the solar system be like in 2018?

That is a question this addon will try to address in a "realistic fiction" style. Using the power of future space simulations to simulate what a space program of the future could be like and it's benefits for mankind.

In order to not bore people to tears by sticking to a strict interpretation of ".gov future" AKA the videos on NASA TV. This effort will base itself on several key and side technologies gaining considerable support and revolutionizing spaceflight. While this is fiction. There is little reason to say some or most of it will not become fact.

While the goal is rather simple to state. The process is not going to be a simple set of cfg based craft and based. This is an effort.. A process from thought to download. I do hope you will take the effort seriously.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:51:53 AM by Zachstar » Logged

-------------------------------------------
Eagle

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:32:08 AM »

wouldnt the solar system look kind of exactly the same as it does at the moment yes maybe that the planets might look a bit different but there wont be any big changes yet again not trying to sound rude
MJF

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »

I would address one technology that does, I think, have the ability to transform us in a single blow. That would be what I call the 1-G engine, which is a propulsion capable of delivering an acceleration rate of 32 ft/s/s over an extended time. While experimenting with Orbiter on this, I found that a trip to Mars took only 4 days, and one way to the Saturn moon Rhea was about 17 days. Those are more than reasonable times which could completely revitalize the whole space program. It all depends on how you view the 1-G engine. Is it fantasy forever or very possibly feasible? NASA's static ion propulsion is a start at least. Right now, I'm thinking that by 2018 we COULD be running up to the moon in just a few hours.

Try it yourself. Point your DG (or in my case the Firefly Sport) directly at a target like Venus, then use the accelerometer MFD to set your velocity at about 9.5 m/s/s or so, and call up your destination in an Orbit MFD so you can get the distance (altitude of your shop above the destination). Accelerate toward the destination until you get halfway there, then turn around (or reverse the nacelles) and slow down at a rate of 9.5 m/s/s until arrival. It will surprise you how little time it took.  Cool
chab

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »

What will the solar system be like in 2018?

That is a question this addon will try to address in a "realistic fiction" style. Using the power of future space simulations to simulate what a space program of the future could be like and it's benefits for mankind.

In order to not bore people to tears by sticking to a strict interpretation of ".gov future" AKA the videos on NASA TV. This effort will base itself on several key and side technologies gaining considerable support and revolutionizing spaceflight. While this is fiction. There is little reason to say some or most of it will not become fact.

While the goal is rather simple to state. The process is not going to be a simple set of cfg based craft and based. This is an effort.. A process from thought to download. I do hope you will take the effort seriously.
I think you can write a science fiction novel about it.HappyHappyI found that they are planning a rocket to the purpose.Happy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: