Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 05:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Sol 2018
| |-+  Planning
| | |-+  Mission: Pluto Exploration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mission: Pluto Exploration  (Read 6297 times)
Zachstar

Is it Star Trek?

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:24:48 AM »

Will detail later

-------------------------------------------
Eagle

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »

not trying to be rude or anything but if you are planning in mapping pluto its almost impossiple becuase that no space agency has got a good picture of it yet the hubble cant see it and probes cant get to it. We will just have to wait lol
startrekmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:36:06 AM »

There is a probe going to Pluto was sent by NASA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Horizons
MJF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »

What's on Pluto anyway? Let's go someplace cool like the moons of Jupiter  Yes Pluto is for losers. It's not even a planet anymore. I would certainly love to find out what it IS, like a captured planetoid or an accumulation of space junk, or a rogue moon. I think however we'll not find many features on the surface because it's just a big SPACE ROCK!  Excited!
kingtim

To infinity... and beyond!

skatintim3704559
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »

The way I look at it earth is just a big space rock... it's just in the right place.

I like the idea of going to Pluto: It's the 10th largest body orbiting the sun, it has extremely low mass, and it's a great boundary to see what we can really get to.

I really hope the new administration pays a little more attention to space exploration in the future

"A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value"- Isaac Asimov

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”- Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: