Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 14, 2020, 05:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Planning (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Steps before Apollo 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Steps before Apollo 7  (Read 41128 times)
abr35
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2016, 03:13:08 PM »

I did some documentation for the NASSP wiki several years ago before real life got in the way. What still need to be done in the way of documentation before the Apollo 7/8 release? Any tutorials or systems left unexplained?
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »

Missing from the wiki are the systems that were implemented in the last few years I guess. The first things that come to my mind are the Entry mode for the EMS and the LVDC++ that can now perform launches and TLI. There is also no explanation for the three MFDs that come with NASSP: Project Apollo MFD, Checklist MFD and RTCC MFD. There is a manual for the RTCC MFD which can be found under "\Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Programmers Notes", but I think wiki articles would be good to have for the MFDs, too. The MCC maneuver assistance, which is a very new feature, also has no wiki article, yet. It isn't really explained anywhere at all.

And for documentation other than the wiki, an introductory manual would be great. Right now there is no such single document that gets released with NASSP. There is just a collection of specific documentation, checklists, flightplans etc. So a document that a new user can read before having to consult the wiki or this forum would be useful.

What I would also like to find out is if we can legally distribute actual mission documents with NASSP. For Apollo 7 there are too many changes between the Preliminary Flightplan and the actual flown mission, but for Apollo 8 the actual flight plan can be used for the most part. If not, then we can write the flight plan as a Word document, as was done for Apollo 7.
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2016, 04:50:10 PM »

Isn't that exactly what it is doing?

I had a brain fart. When switching the active FDAI during GDC alignment, the other returns to zero. But in that case, power is not removed, only the input.

indy91

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »

From my side I have implemented everything that I would consider mandatory for the 7.0 release. So if nothing major comes up, I would like to progress to the Release Candidate state. As is good tradition for Orbiter addons, let's do this next Tuesday. Then we can advertise it in the Orbiter community and maybe people will try it over Christmas. We should then take some time refining documentation, fixing bugs etc. While I consider a few more scenarios mandatory for the release, this should happen as the very last thing we do for NASSP 7.0. One change for the Virtual AGC padload could potentially render all scenarios outdated. So we can start the Release Candidate phase without the complete scenario package.

Maybe some time in January or February we can then do the actual release. We should branch off the Orbiter 2010 version then, we might need to do some minor fixes still for Orbiter 2010. But the Master branch will be for Orbiter 2016 then.
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »

The plan is to leave master on 2010 and work on the Orbiter2015 branch, that way if something comes up on 2010 we can patch it without changing anything. We won't replace master with Orbiter2015 until we're releasing V8. This keeps master on the last released version and development in branches.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2016, 04:22:57 PM »

Yes, that makes sense. Do you want to do the release candidate transition and then later merging the current progress into the Orbiter2015 release? I'm not very good with merge conflicts. For 7.0 I'm just waiting a few days if someone discovers a really bad problem and I will also finish some MCC testing I still wanted to do. Then I'm happy with leaving the Beta phase.
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2016, 04:20:31 AM »

Great news! I'm really looking forward to the release candidate. A great Christmas gift  Happy

/Mikael
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: