Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2019, 04:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Project Apollo Beta 20080115 Released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Project Apollo Beta 20080115 Released  (Read 4711 times)
lassombra

View Profile Email
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »

Project Apollo is pleased to announce the release of the latest greatest version of it's Beta!

The 20080109 Version had one pretty bad bug so it has been removed.

NOTE: If you saved with 20080109, please delete the lines LEMCHECK and LEMCHECKAUTO from the saved scenario files.  These lines were being generated when they shouldn't have been and the gibberish in them was causing errors when creating certain connectors.  Even if you have not experienced any problems PLEASE take care of this.

Ordinarily I'd tell you to do a CVS update, and I still will, but we now also offer a CVS snapshot that can be used instead!  Additionally, we offer debug built modules for those who don't want to build their own but want access to some of the debug features or bleeding edge features that haven't been completely finished.  In the future it is likely that there will be partial implementations or changes that are only in the debug release.  And of course with a properly configured debugger, even if you don't want to build your own modules, you can still have the fun of learning c++ by seeing it in action through Project Apollo!

Ok, so where do I get all this you ask?

That's easy, simply go to http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Installation.  All the links are there as well as a link to instructions for performing a CVS less install for those users who have a strong reason not to use CVS.

NOTICE: Project Apollo still urges the use of the old CVS method of installation as it will provide the absolutely most up to date content!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:52:45 AM by Tschachim » Logged

My current Project Apollo work:

Quickstart to the Moon initiative (Quickstart_to_the_Moon): Done through earth orbit.  Working on new method of calculating TLI.

Checklist Controller: 
  • MFD Interface 99%(Minor cleanup and future features remain)
  • Panel Interface 99%
  • Excel interface and logic 99%
  • LEM Event code.0%
  • DSKY Interface code. Framework complete, creating "buttons"
  Approximately 80% done. (Checklist Controller
Mooncat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:34:18 PM »

I've got some graphical corruption over the switches on panels 225,226 and 250 - then again I am running NASSP on an older laptop, so it could be the video card. It has worked fine up until now though.
lassombra

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:50 PM »

That's odd.  Those panels are looking fine on my vid card.

I can't imagine why those specific ones would cause problems and not, say, the Main panel?

Quickstart to the Moon initiative (Quickstart_to_the_Moon): Done through earth orbit.  Working on new method of calculating TLI.

Checklist Controller: 
  • Panel Interface 99%
  • LEM Event code.0%
Mooncat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »

That's the only reason I mentioned it, I get good frame rates and no video problems otherwise. I'll copy my Project Apollo installation across to my desktop machine ( which has a fast graphics card ) and see if it persists.
lassombra

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 02:26:07 AM »

There could be some kind of corruption in the files I uploaded, I've had that happen once before...  If they're still not working on your desktop let me know and I'll try re-uploading.  I can't imagine that it's a problem though.

Checklist Controller: 
  • Panel Interface 99%
  • LEM Event code.0%
Mooncat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »

Just so you know, I updated the video card driver on my laptop and the corruption went away. Funny it was only on that panel though....
lassombra

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »

yeah, there just isn't that much on that panel to corrupt...

Checklist Controller: 
  • Panel Interface 99%
  • LEM Event code.0%
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: