Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 28, 2020, 10:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Apollo 8 Testing using Apollo 8 Flightplan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Apollo 8 Testing using Apollo 8 Flightplan  (Read 12256 times)
rwitham
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

After my last post, but before any replies, I tried V96 and that did stop the lock up.  I did not immediately to a SV update as I was scheduled to do one shortly there after.  Once I terminated the PTC at PeT=3.800k I did the SV update and things were OK.

I performed the LOI according to the SCS maneuvers of the flight plan but did not stay in orbit!  Before the burn took place I made a visual inspection of my orientation wrt to the moon and the CSM was pointed in the direction of travel.  Shouldn't I have been facing SPS-engine-bell-first for the burn to place me into orbit?

After the burn I could clearly see that I was not in orbit.  IMFD confirmed this.  I reloaded the scenario back to PeT=3.800k and tried the whole thing again with the same results.  Any clues as to why the IMFD BV screen is telling me to point the ship the wrong way?  I have attached the scenario at PeT=-1.400k after the ship has been oriented correctly (according to IMFD).

I am still running this scenario on the Jan 16 module release and not the latest in CVS.  irnenginer, do you recommend I use the new Solar Ephemeris solution in CVS?

I'm beginning to think that I should restart the mission over using the lastest in CVS as I am not happy with my course maneuvers all the way back to TLI.

* Apollo_8_26.scn (68.07 KB - downloaded 81 times.)
lassombra

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »

Well, I haven't had a chance to boot up that scn, but what MFD mode are you using?

My current Project Apollo work:

Quickstart to the Moon initiative (Quickstart_to_the_Moon): Done through earth orbit.  Working on new method of calculating TLI.

Checklist Controller: 
  • MFD Interface 99%(Minor cleanup and future features remain)
  • Panel Interface 99%
  • Excel interface and logic 99%
  • LEM Event code.0%
  • DSKY Interface code. Framework complete, creating "buttons"
  Approximately 80% done. (Checklist Controller
bluespace88
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 01:23:35 PM »

I see your problem.  When doing dVf, you want to go Negative for a retrograde burn,  Right now, you're burning positive dVf, which results in a prograde burn, so you're not actually slowing down, but speeding up.  Just set it to 0 and then adjust it by lowering the value.  Should get around -1.004k for dVf.
irnenginer
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »

FYI I just committed the Apollo 8 changes for solar data. Resetting my password did the trick
bluespace88
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

just came back to Earth, all safe and sound.  Had an issue during reentry when the gimbals locked, but luckily that was very late in reentry just before hitting 50,000 ft.  Though, I had to manually release the chutes and go to V16N67.  The values in the AGC for latitude and longitude were also off by quite a bit, almost 180 degrees for longitude.  Other than that, landing was smooth and there were no other major problems besides the gimbals and agc data.
bertog

g.bertolino@garellicomputers.com
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2008, 02:50:38 PM »

Hi all,

I'm flying the 8 and everything is fine and smooth. I'm arrived near the MET+20.

Two question: I've read in the Apollo 12 Fligh Plan that soon after the insertion they have setup an LVLH - head down attitude following an orbital rate and i think this attitude is the same for all the apollo flight. There's some way to setup this attitude in the current release ?

In the same Flight Plan before any P52 there's a "Manovre to 52 Attitude". Could some one tell me what is a correct P52 attitude and how yo set it up ?

<< Hey, there it is ! There it is !! Son of a gun, right down the middle of the road !! >> - Pete Conrad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: