Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 04:11:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Saturn Launch - Desaster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Saturn Launch - Desaster  (Read 1201 times)
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2005, 02:10:04 PM »

Well,

today I did a CVS update of the source code. During compiling the latest code I noted some "warnings" but no errors or major problems. I tried to use the compiled DLL's and decided to launch the SaturnV. Launch was okay but the first stage doesn't separate and seems to have enough fuel to burn and burn without shutdown/separation. The trip ends with a splashdown in the atlantic ocean each time. Also the LES seems to have enough fuel to burn, burn, burn...... and burn Confused I can't reach the orbit at the moment...  

What's going on?

BTW: I noted that the Saturn1B still launches "heads up" instead of "heads down".
FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 03:44:54 PM »

Moonwalker, I apologize in advance in case I am totally wrong with my clue on your problem described above, and I cannot compile dlls myself, so I can't say if it's the code. But this smells so much for an checked "unlimited fuel" in the orbiter launch pad, so you may (un)check this?! Sorry if I am wrong, it's just my guess that jumps into my mind, because I had encountered it myself and I really needed quite some time to figure this out! Wink

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 04:24:58 PM »

Launches heads-down for me.

I agree, though, sounds like you have 'infinite fuel' ticked. You won't get far that way Happy.
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »

Embarassed

Well, yeah that was the problem. The god damn "Limited Fuel" was unchecked. I don't know why. I never used unlimited fuel. I think I was sleeping or my brain was working on instrument panels while I configured Orbiter today after a clean installation. Sorry for my stupid post above guys. But the Saturn1B still launches heads up...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: