Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 10:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Project Apollo Beta 20080617 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Project Apollo Beta 20080617 released  (Read 9880 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »

Hi Apollo fans,

a new beta modules pack is available here: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation. Please make sure that Orbiter 2006-P1 and OrbiterSound 3.5 is installed. Also please make sure that you do a CVS Update of all directories, that means the Config, Doc, Meshes, Orbitersdk, Scenarios, Sound and Textures directories.

This beta introduces a couple of new features:

• The Apollo 7 Saturn S-IVB stage has been visually fixed and improved, see attached screenshot and here: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1706.0

• Something for the Virtual AGC fans, the ProjectApolloMFD is now capable to uplink a new state vector and to update the AGC clock: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1677.0 Thanks to BlueDragon8144 for this cool feature!

• The CM and SM RCS has been improved and fixed, it should be ready for the Apollo 7 release now. Unfortunately the documentation in the wiki isn't ready yet, but there are some informations here: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1674.0

• The ProjectApolloChecklistMFD has made a huge step forward. It now manages the Quickstart Mode by executing checklists automatically, but there are also new features helpful for manual checklist execution.

If you want to try, start the "Project Apollo - NASSP\Virtual AGC\Apollo  7 - Launch" scenario, open the ProjectApolloChecklistMFD and click on the "FLSH" button so that the "Flash toggle" on the bottom of the screen changes to "Auto". Now the next switch you need to toggle is highlighted by a flashing, yellow border when it's time to toggle it.

Please note that the currently used checklist is a VERY short first version containing only the inevitable things up to Earth orbit insertion to keep the crew alive and the spacecraft working, we'll extend that to the full checklists soon. Also the checklist display is subject to change/improve, for example you can't see when a checklist item needs to be executed etc., but I hope you'll get a first impression how things will work. Thanks to Lassombra and Swatch for this great feature!

• ... and a couple of small fixes and improvements I can't remember anymore...  Happy

Have fun, comments and questions are always welcome!

EDIT: The 20080617 modules fixes bugs of the previous 20080527 modules, the only new feature is that you now can start checklists manually in ProjectApolloChecklistMFD.

Cheers
Tschachim

* SIVBApollo7.jpg (385.76 KB, 1008x618 - viewed 574 times.)

* CMRCSHePurge.jpg (25.97 KB, 719x597 - viewed 802 times.)

* ControlsConfiguration.jpg (37.91 KB, 380x440 - viewed 818 times.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:38:56 PM by Tschachim » Logged

LOX

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 06:47:57 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm completely new to this forum. So first I'll apologize for any mistakes concerning boards an the like...
(That doesn't mean that the forum is completely new to me)

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THAT OUTSTANDING WORK ALL OF YOU DID! (It's really great!)

Some background as an intoduction:
I know Orbiter since 2001 and I am interested in Apollo ever since... that is at least the last 30+ years...

Now for my question:

Since the CVS-checkout never worked for me, is it possible to offer a CVS-Snapshot for the May2008 Beta release also?

thx in advance
greetings
LOX

I'm sure glad they got ol' Brer Rabbit, here, back in the briar patch where he belongs!
retro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »

Thank you ,thank you,Awesome as usual  Cool
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »

Since the CVS-checkout never worked for me, is it possible to offer a CVS-Snapshot for the May2008 Beta release also?

I'll see what I can do for you, but can you elaborate on your CVS problems?

Cheers
Tschachim

LOX

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:30 AM »

Hi Tschachim,
many thanks for the quick reply...
but it's not that urgent, as you can possibly imagine...

For the CVS-checkout: For months I get something like:
"connect to nassp.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401 failed: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. "

It may have something to do with the fact that I just can access the outside-world from the office. I don't know much about networking and the internet from a technical point of view. Normally I find myself doing a lot of programming within specific environments without any needs of communication and stuff like that... So on one hand I'm a well experienced programmer for more than 25 years now, on the other hand concerning internet I'm just a simple user... Embarassed (not to offend users )
So I can't tell if there's any firewall problems or whatever there might be....

Like in stoneage I get all files home - where I am completeley offline  Crying or Very sad

greetings
LOX

I'm sure glad they got ol' Brer Rabbit, here, back in the briar patch where he belongs!
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »

...So I can't tell if there's any firewall problems or whatever there might be....

Yes, looks like firewall problems to me, many company firewalls block a lot of ports except HTTP, SSL and a few other more commonly used than CVS.

Cheers
Tschachim

LOX

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »

Too bad...
Thank you for the information anyway!
greetings
LOX

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 12:50:58 PM »

Here you are: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nassp/ProjectApollo_CVS_20080527.zip?download   Happy

jgrillo2002

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »

WOW! Excited! right at my birthday too. I just turned 22 yesturday. thanks for the birthday present Thumbs Up
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »

You're welcome and happy birthday!  Happy

LOX

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 02:14:32 AM »

Tschachim,

special thanks for the Snapshot, it's highly appreciated like everything else around project Apollo!
You guys did and still do of course an awsome job!  Thumbs Up

greetings
LOX

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

I know this is a programming issue, but it's directly related to the current build...and I don't want to go to the trouble of starting another thread...

anybody else get

3>------ Build started: Project: ProjectApolloMFD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Compiling...
3>ProjectApolloPlugin.cpp
3>ProjectApolloMFD.cpp
3>..\..\ProjectApolloMFD.cpp(332) : error C2065: 'i' : undeclared identifier
3>ProjectApolloChecklistMFD.cpp
3>MFDconnector.cpp
3>connector.cpp
3>Generating Code...
3>Build log was saved at "file://p:\ProjectApollo-Developer\Orbitersdk\samples\ProjectApollo\VC2005\ProjectApolloMFD\Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>ProjectApolloMFD - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Easy fix...just want to know if I'm the only one that sees it.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 01:01:04 AM »

Easy fix...just want to know if I'm the only one that sees it.

Some naughty person hasn't read the bit about not doing:

for (int i = 0; ... ; ... )

Because it's not compatible between VC6 and VC2005/2008...
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 03:02:20 AM »

That's RIGHT!!!  Thumbs Up   NAUGHTY NAUGHTY PERSON!!!  Punch You make Buzz Aldrin Crying or Very sad cry Crying or Very sad

ROTFL

Ok... shutting up with the smiley's....

I'll commit the fix.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
mikaelanderlund

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 03:37:32 PM »

Many thanks for the new beta release Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Mikael
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: