Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 04:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  emergency checklists
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: emergency checklists  (Read 1171 times)
ATC_yul

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:48:07 AM »

Hi folks

I'm wondering if there is an existing "problem resolution" checklist related to the C/W lights.  For exemple, if the cryo press light goes on, I know were to look and what to look for, but I don't really know what to do to lower h2 press of tank 2.

thank you
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:29:26 AM »

I'm wondering if there is an existing "problem resolution" checklist related to the C/W lights.

Not really. There are some emergency procedures here: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/ap15fj/pdf/a15csmsc.pdf, but in most cases there's no simple "cookbook" resolution but one need to understand the systems and their failures.

For exemple, if the cryo press light goes on, I know were to look and what to look for, but I don't really know what to do to lower h2 press of tank 2.

Besides making sure that you didn't turn on the heaters and fans manually there's not much you can do except waiting until it drops to normal pressure. Currently this could be caused by a bug when Orbiter "hangs" during high time acceleration (>= 1000x) and you have a really long timestep (several hours realtime). I'm working on that.

Cheers
Tschachim

ATC_yul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »

Ok, I understand.  I was looking more for the kind of checklist we have in aviation that helps solving problems rapidly by going thru a list of things that could be wrong on your faulty system. 

Idea for the Bug about time acceleration:  what about reseting time acc to 1x in the event of a master alarm signal?

See you
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »

Ok, I understand.  I was looking more for the kind of checklist we have in aviation that helps solving problems rapidly by going thru a list of things that could be wrong on your faulty system. 

I assume something more comprehensive does exist, but at least the emergency checklists I linked contain some problem conditions like fire in the CM or a suit compressor alarm.

Idea for the Bug about time acceleration:  what about reseting time acc to 1x in the event of a master alarm signal?

Well, that's not the way it works, that would be too late. It's an instability in the hydraulics simulation (http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Command/Service_Module#Internal_systems_simulation, but that paragraph really needs to be rewritten...). I suspect the problem are the missing flow limiter in the fuel cell manifolds, but I still need to take a close look at that...

Cheers
Tschachim

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 01:00:08 AM »

you may look at the wordfile checklist in the following subfolder:
<"your own orbiter folder">\Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Check List\System checklist

At the end of this check you will find some emer items. Since no simulated failure currently available in NASSP, only a few are covered by.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: