Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 09:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  VAGC P03 - Optical verification of gyro compassing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VAGC P03 - Optical verification of gyro compassing  (Read 2879 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »

Since we have working optics now I revisited P03, a program used to verify the prelaunch alignment of the IMU on the pad optically. I don't know if it actually was used on the pad (given that the optics are below the BPC and the optics cover) or even used at all, also we have no verification targets near the pad and I didn't find any reference about that, so it's only "just for fun" currently.

Using the Apollo 7 VAGC scenario, you can use P03 as explained in A15Delco or the GSOP (don't forget to zero the optics), only constraint is that it's only working with azimuths between 220.39 and 339.65, which is about +/-60 from the spacecraft azimuth on the pad (I've no clue why there is this restriction and why the actual numbers are that odd).

I also figured out the memory positions of both target 1 and 2 azimuth and elevation, the variable in Colossus is called TAZEL1.

target 1 azimuth   CMPAD2432  scaling DEG/180
         elevation CMPAD2433  scaling DEG/90
target 2 azimuth   CMPAD2434  scaling DEG/180
         elevation CMPAD2435  scaling DEG/90      

As a test I added the VAB as target 1 to the Apollo 7 VAGC scenario and the western horizon (270 / 0) as target 2. So to do a little bit sightseeing during P02 do the following:

OPT MODE - ZERO (about 15 sec) 
OPT MODE - CMC
V65E
PRO
PRO

... and the optics move to the VAB, see attached screenshot. Since there are no targets to mark we stop P03 here:

V34E

Irnenginer, as far as I know you're working on a new pad load excel, so I didn't change the CVS version, but attached a new one with the new settings at the end, I'd be happy if you can copy them to your version.

Cheers
Tschachim

* VAB.jpg (97.4 KB, 1017x734 - viewed 299 times.)
* VAGC CSM Pad Load Worksheet.new.zip (30.11 KB - downloaded 176 times.)

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »

That is an extremely cool picture.   And though I agree theres supposed to be a BPC and Optics cover in the way, surely there's some reason for this program.

PS.  is that on a Saturn V or on Apollo 7?

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »

The Apollo 7 VAGC scenario (as mentioned twice in my post  Wink ).

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:41:10 PM »

DOH! Rolling Eyes  well perhaps they tested it while still stacked before adding the BPC and optics cover.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
irnenginer
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »

I'll add that in to the update. I know i have been dropping the ball on that updated spreadsheet. I have been drywalling my basement.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: