Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 04:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  csm/s4b sep
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: csm/s4b sep  (Read 1204 times)
alagreca

View Profile Email
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »

Hi. Just to Introduce myself science this is my first post my name is Tony and I am located just east of Dallas (transplanted from Louisiana after the storm). Tried to regester several times with my web based account but could never receive the confirmation email so I finally gave you my ISP, please don't spam me. Anyway I have been running Orbiter on a regular basis since early 2005 and it is my favorite passtime. I am pretty competent with most aspects of the Sim, editing/creating config and scn files Manipulating mesh and texture files to a lesser degree but I am not a c++ programmer. Anyway here is my problem, after the last few updates I can no longer get the SLA panels to jettison either by the internal switch or the "J" key. The Abort button seems to work but then the spacecraft seems to be dead. Realism set to 0 in the scn file. Any advice would be very helpful. Also does anyone know where it is possable to obtain the patch to make the parachute behave correctly in Mercury 5.0.  Thanks
ryan
Project Team Supporter

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 05:50:37 PM »

7.0 is very complicated, you need to activate everything first, try to press the CSM/LV push button, ive noticed that the Abort button shut down everything. As for the Mercury parachute problem, we dont know.
Happy flying.

If you need anything researched or ask my Uncle, PM me
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:55:51 AM »

Hi alagreca,

welcome to Project Apollo - NASSP!  Happy

Your problems look like your're using an older or broken scenario or something isn't updated properly. Which launch scenario did you try? Also, can you post/attach a quicksaved scenario demonstrating the problem, then I can take a look at.

Cheers
Tschachim

Graham2001
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »

I may have hit the same problem with a flight test I was running. I was using quickstart and was able to launch/control orientation/use the S-IVb engine with no problems, but when the time came to separate from the S-IVb I was unable to do so using the 'J' key or the VC controls.

I did notice that the Master alarm was active and that the 'Caution & Warning' light was also on.

I'm attaching the 'Current State' save file for diagnostic purposes.

* (Current state).scn (47.92 KB - downloaded 75 times.)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 07:24:04 AM »

The launch scenario you have been used is broken, it doesn't contain the now-necessary checklist information as in the Apollo 11 Quickstart scenario. Without that there's no automatic checklist execution, so for example the pyros never get armed, which is necessary for CSM/LV separation (except you do that manually, of course). All Quickstart Mode scenarios need the following section in the Saturn part of the scenario:

<Checklist>
    FILE Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Check List\Mission checklist\CSM Default Checklist.xls
    AUTO 1
  </Checklist>

Cheers
Tschachim

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: