Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 08:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | |-+  Virtual AGC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52 Print
Author Topic: Virtual AGC  (Read 166456 times)
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 20, 2016, 04:25:43 AM »

I assume that would be a pretty simple temporary fix?  And realistically unless we had an IMU able to drift, there really wouldn't be much practical point to implement a CDU would there?

Not quite as simple, because the ZeroICDU function is sometimes used when the ICDUs and the gimbals are zeroed, e.g. during IMU caging. I'll have to find out first how IMU caging is actually handled, then I'll leave an empty ZeroICDU function for future use and another function where the gimbals are actually zeroed.

I have tested colossus237 with my saved Apollo 8 scenarios and I get a 1202 alarm, followed by the DSKY display freezing up and the key no longer do anything.  My launch scenario however works perfectly fine so I think Ill fly the mission again, but I definitely think 237 has broken the old scenarios, although I guess its worth it for having the correct version.

Yeah, I have to pull the computer circuit breakers to make the DSKY work in old scenarios. Oh well, if there are no additional problems with C237, then should use it.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 20, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »

Yeah, I have to pull the computer circuit breakers to make the DSKY work in old scenarios. Oh well, if there are no additional problems with C237, then should use it.

I am going to run the Apollo 8 mission again to make sure everything works with the Colossus 237. First though I'm getting back into gear with the checklist file, I'm working on P37 today.
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 26, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »

I'm flying Apollo 7 again, to test my extensive RTCC MFD changes (no new features really, just reorganization) and to continue the work on the Checklist MFD file. I am using Colossu237 for this and whenever I try a V49 the AGC is giving me an OPR ERR light. Have you been getting that, too, jalexb88? The DAP is working fine, it's just the light that is on. Now that I am writing this, I noticed that the Apollo 8 CMP checklist actually has this as part of the normal V49 procedure, so the OPR ERR light is expected. Maybe a bug in Colossus237? Pretty weird.
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 26, 2016, 02:31:41 PM »

Yes, I do have that, I was telling myself, am I seeing things??  ROTFL V49 seems to work fine though and I guess if it's in the checklist that's a good hint that it's something that is expected in 237. I'm up to ~4:45 MET just doing P23 sightings. One thing I've noticed is the auto maneuver in P23 does not initially point the selected horizon with as much accuracy as 249 did. (It point the sextant slightly above or below, so I have to manually maneuver it back) Have you done P23s in Apollo 7?
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »

The operator error happens in V49 when the AGC thinks another extended verb is running or when it isn't in P00. Haven't found many differences to C249 yet, but maybe it has to do with the extended verb interlock logic, that prevents certain programs and extended verbs to be run simultaneously.

One thing I've noticed is the auto maneuver in P23 does not initially point the selected horizon with as much accuracy as 249 did. (It point the sextant slightly above or below, so I have to manually maneuver it back) Have you done P23s in Apollo 7?

I have just done the first phasing maneuver in Apollo 7, so no. There is one relevant change from Colossus I to Colossus IA: "Use 6-Dimensional Matrix for V67 Computations." So maybe something with the W-Matrix. Have you used the P23 Checklist in the CMP Checklist? I'll check the relevant padloads for P23, maybe there is a difference after all. Just as with the operator error it could be a fix that wasn't worth its own Program Change Request.

EDIT: I did a change to the MakeCoreDump function in agc_engine_init.h It is now up-to-date with the standalone Virtual AGC. Virtual AGC core dumps can be created in NASSP with the PAMFD. And now these core dumps are accepted by yaAGC in the standalone Virtual AGC again. I offered to Ron Burkey that I would create a few scenarios that would work in Virtual AGC, e.g. to demonstrate rendezvous calculations with the Virtual AGC. Usually when you load it up you have nothing in the erasable memory, but you can save/load whatever changes you have done in the erasable memory, input channels etc. So I'll add a few things for the Virtual AGC that work without any connected devices like IMU and switches.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:38:30 PM by indy91 » Logged
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 29, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »

I have added the Aurora12 binary file and the PAMFD can now do core dumps of the LGC, too.

Aurora12 is a very early development version of the LGC, predating any flight. It has the full suite of self test programs, which seems to be very exciting for the Virtual AGC guys. The binary was created from the octal listing and not the assembly source code of Aurora12, the transcription of which isn't finished yet. The octal listing is always at the end of the assembly source code. The checksums seems to be all ok, but it is possible that there are some errors in this still. I am just uploading this if there is maybe an application in the future for us, or if anyone just wants to play around with it. Here the thread where we talked about our initial testing. https://github.com/rburkey2005/virtualagc/issues/105 Find my comments for the tricks you have to pull to do anything useful with Aurora12 in NASSP.  ROTFL

Aurora12 is just the first of many new LGC versions that will eventually be available. Here the full list:

-RETREAD 44 (even earlier than Aurora)
-SUNBURST 37 (between Aurora and Apollo 5)
-SUNBURST 120 (Apollo 5)
-LUMINARY 69 (Apollo 10)
-LUMINARY 116 (Apollo 12)
-LUMINARY 210 (Apollo 15-17)
-ZERLINA 56 (development version with features not in Luminary 210)

All of these have 1000 pages and scanning is not free. So there might an announcement on the Virtual AGC website very soon to "sponsor" one of these scan. But I would say that's all we could ever hope for to use in NASSP, right?  ROTFL
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:51:53 PM by indy91 » Logged
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 29, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »

Pretty cool stuff... It will be nice to have pretty much all the correct software for almost all the lunar landing missions  Thumbs Up btw I think you mean Apollo 12 for luminary 116
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 29, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »

Why not both? See my correction above. I simply forgot one from the list.  Very Happy Luminary210 was the number one in my list of desired AGC versions. We probably need it for Apollo 15 in Orbiter 2016, to use the terrain model in the AGC to fly over those mountains. Now my most desired AGC version has become Skylark. Not sure if we ever get that one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:55:06 PM by indy91 » Logged
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 29, 2016, 03:58:18 PM »

Why not both? See my correction above. I simply forgot one from the list.  

Even better!!  Very Happy   I guess we could say Apollo 15-17 had the worlds earliest TAWS/EGPWS...
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 01, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »

Here the request for sponsoring one of the program listing scans I was talking about: https://rburkey2005.github.io/virtualagc/volunteer.html

So, if anyone has the money and desire to earn the eternal gratefulness of a handful of people, please become a sponsor!
indy91

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »

The next LGC version that will become available is Sunburst120, flown on Apollo 5. Therefore I have begun updating our Apollo 5 scenario:

-Added a Apollo 5 LVDC++ scenario under Broken Scenarios/Virtual AGC. We have the LV Operational Trajectory for this flight, so I have used the correct parameters.
-Added nosecap jettison. The position where the nosecap vessel is being created still has to be tweaked, but the LVDC sequencing can now jettison it. I don't think it was possible to jettison before at all.
-Added LM-1 mesh in unstaged S-IVB. It wouldn't have been visible with only the nosecap separated, but not the SLA.

The Virtual AGC is not actually running yet in this scenario. Actually, the LM itself isn't running yet and it will be very difficult to add a running LM on the launchpad. In the hope I can figure it out I started work on the Apollo 5 scenario. The scenario starts at T-100 seconds currently and hasn't been moved to the correct location of LC-37B in Orbiter 2010 yet. Separating the LM also doesn't work yet, the only two working events are nosecap jettison at TB4+45 seconds and SLA separation at TB4+600 seconds. I don't think LM separation is scheduled at a specific time relative to timebase 4, not sure what is causing it yet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:54:43 AM by indy91 » Logged
kneecaps
Project Team Member

36711000 kneecaps@shockpulse.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 04, 2016, 03:30:44 PM »

Here the request for sponsoring one of the program listing scans I was talking about: https://rburkey2005.github.io/virtualagc/volunteer.html

So, if anyone has the money and desire to earn the eternal gratefulness of a handful of people, please become a sponsor!

:O

At around $300 a document, I'm amazed some kind of Historical Preservation type fund or grant doesn't back this. I would be willing to contribute a share of scanning some document(s). I can't spare an entire $300 just right now though, but 1/3 of that is doable.

"Okay. As soon as we find the Earth, we will do it."
- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Current Work: ?? What next??

Future Work:
I know the AGC pretty well so anything need doing there?

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
P11 FDAI Error Needles (98%) complete. Comitted. Working A7 scenario.
P06 AGC Standby. Concluded. It's done by the AGC PSU.
Got us a complete AOH Volume II
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 04, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »

Maybe we can arrange to split the tab between a few of us and sponsor one as a NASSP group?
kneecaps
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:30 PM »

Maybe we can arrange to split the tab between a few of us and sponsor one as a NASSP group?

Yup. More than willing to do that as long as we can split the cost enough so individually we don't bear too much.

- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Future Work:

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
kneecaps
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 04, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »

Yup. More than willing to do that as long as we can split the cost enough so individually we don't bear too much.

Although I just looked at the list and it appears that the 'prime' choices have already been sponsored (which is good)...but Don Eyles ZERLINA 56 version is rather exciting. LUMINARY 131 rescan (although we wouldn't get anything we don't already have)...

- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Future Work:

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: