Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 07:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
20282 Posts in 1962 Topics by 2250 Members
Latest Member: apollo17
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Gemini
| |-+  Discussion & Help
| | |-+  Instrument Panels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Instrument Panels  (Read 13651 times)
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »

Independently from the development progress of Project Gemini, I've started to do the complete instrument panels for Gemini like I did for Apollo too. It's not that much work luckily Wink

Here is a small preview of my latest work: 

It's the panel configuration of space craft 8 & up. I used original NASA documents as usual combined with this quick time file: http://www.nasm.si.edu/interact/qtvr/uhc/images/gemini7B.mov

I noticed that sadly there seems to be almost no progress on Project Gemini for years. I hope that my new panels might give a stimulation to continue and advance the great Gemini addon...

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:17:49 AM »

Good job allthough I noticed a slight error on the first picture: O2 CORSS-FEED instead of O2 CROSS-FEED
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »

Yeah, it's not the final version... Wink

Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 02:35:56 PM »

That's really a good job ... WOW  Thumbs Up

Have a nice day
madPILOT

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 06:33:36 AM »

WOW great work i can not wait to fly to the agena and docking.

If you need a Beta tester would be great to help you out in testing the Gemini.

a good pilot is always in training
Thomas
startrekmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

When will it be done?
Moonwalker
Project Team Member

Panel Graphics Designer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »

When will it be done?

There isn't even any work yet, sadly. I just offer my graphical work but there is no single reply concerning development for two month now (also not on the Orbiter forum). I have my doubts that we'll see any Gemini addon soon comparable to the complexity of Mercury and/or NASSP. Sadly I'm not a coder. But if I would be able to program, things would be very different, believe me...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:22:24 PM by Moonwalker » Logged

startrekmaniac

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:52:43 PM »

why dont you do it anyway? maybe it you updated it than we might have some interest again. Im willing to help and im sure there are people here who feel the same way.
Nerva

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »

Valete Omnes!

I'm one of those old times who was around to see the Gemini flights. My older brother Clem was very interested in the Gemini project. I remember he made a large model of the the spacecraft orbiter (Monogram I think). He really did a superb job in building and painting that model.One evening he was acting the fool with the model, throwing it from one hand to the other behind his back when he dropped it Duh!

The parachute housing and one of the doors broke off along with some other pieces. It was never the same afterwards.

anyway, back to the subject at hand. I think it would be a pity not to see this project develop. Exactly what would you need?

Valete

Nerva
DC8Jettrader

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 05:41:52 AM »

hello Moonwalker,

I just found this topic via Google and let me post something offtopic here:
I'm also a Panel Desinger - but for normal Flightsimulators. I heavily rely on Photographs - which CAN look good, but not always does. I assume you create those graphics from photos but pretty much yourself - so I wanted to ask if you would be intrested in helping me abit on how too achieve better results / if you could train me. You can send me a PM.

Regards

Johann
Rex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 09:53:56 PM »

rex again in a dead thread so to the point
@ Moonwalker
Im know basic c++, but im always looking to learn more, as far as all the actual graphics go i cant make them to save my life but ill take a look at some of the gem. 5.0 stuff and ill start from there as far as the launch vehicle and spacecraft go and ill see what i can do about LC 19 thats gonna be a pain. as well as updating the atlas LV with the agena atop it, and ill see what i can do as far as LC 14 [thats where the Mercury-Atlas flights were from and it was used for atlas agena]
im going to use the LC 14 high res addon as a base for LC 14 and ill work on LC 19 and ship it off to you to make it look all nice like
and since im gonna revamp LC 14 i might as well update mercury to work on orbiter 2010, and ill send that stuff off to ya so you can make that all fancy like, and im gonna do the launch complex that was used for the mercury redstone suborbital flights, any historal data on all the launch complexes would be a major help and to all programmers on here feel free to help out ill post up links for what im using as a base for all of the launch vehicles [mercury-redstone, mercury-atlas, atlas-agena, titan-gemni] or on the programing of the launch complexes would be amazing
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: