Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2020, 02:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  NASSP6.x Development Archive (Releases and Changes)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: NASSP6.x Development Archive (Releases and Changes)  (Read 15462 times)
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 04:21:37 PM »

Incidentally, remember that you still need to install NASSP5, 5.2 and NCPP before installing this version: sometime soon we should sort out a full release for people to install without needing any other files.
leemon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2005, 05:20:37 PM »

The more stages that are on the Apollo, the more out of whack the virtual cockpit view is for me.  Here is an example of the VC when the Saturn 5 is complete on the launch pad.  I cannot get the VC to show the inside of the capsule until all of the stages have been jettisoned.  As each stage is jettisoned the view gets closer and closer to the back of the capsule...

Lee

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2005, 05:30:01 PM »

Sure you're not using the Saturn 1b rather than Saturn V? The Saturn 1b virtual cockpit does that, someone still needs to fix it..
leemon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2005, 05:44:36 PM »

My apologies... Thanks!  I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the two.  The VC works well with the Saturn V Apollo 9 mission.

Lee
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2005, 08:49:26 PM »

6.2:
----

Save light state to scenario file to support real operation as documented.
Hopefully the LV engine lights now work correctly as documented.
Turn off liftoff light as per documentation.
Added flags to sounds (in this case, specifying to only play at 1x time acceleration or less)
Changed CSM/LEM setup interface to pass a structure full of data rather than lots of parameters.
Added AUTOSLOW option for unmanned flights to stop time acceleration at important events.
Added lunar ascent sound to ascent autopilot, and made it a mission-specific sound for NEP. Renamed it lunar-ascent.wav for consistency.
In ascent autopilot, make sure that apogee is greater than perigee and both are at least 18km.
Added more automation for unmanned flights. You can now fly an Apollo 4 or 6 flight under automatic control.
Moved program 63 to lemautoland.cpp.
Changed sound to use NCPP directory rather than NASSP.
Rationalised soundlib sound loading functions so we now know exactly what each one does Happy.
Rewrote sound library interface to eliminate pointers in high-level code: less pointers means less places we can CTD.
Fixed click on HUD-mode toggle switches.
Fixed some missing mission sounds.
Disable ATC playback throughout the launch stage, so we can do our own playback instead.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ncpp/NCPP_New_AGC.zip
http://mysite.freeserve.com/marui/NCPP_Sound.zip

I'm not going to have much free time for the forseeabe future, but hopefully once this in CVS people will be able to update it themselves.

Would probably also be a good time to do a merged release of everything required for a complete NCPP install, if someone has a web site that can handle a big file like that.
YJH422
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 09:30:04 PM »

Thank You Sir Excellant work.! And all others involved!!!!!!!!!!!!

~S!
gimp1992

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2005, 08:01:41 AM »

So far So good. No problems yet flying Apollo 14 LV lights are perfect now and AGC seems to be working fine.
Great Job!

Joe Brown
Anonymous
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 06:59:32 PM »

Any chance of the MFDs getting buttons round the edge as I can,t use these panels without them.

Yes I know the real Apollo craft had no MFDs but they did have communication with Houston to find out when to make corrections and gain other important info, alas there is nothing in orbiter exept the MFDs.

Please could someone look into this as its driving me nuts, Ive already posted on the Orbiter forums but it seems I am the only one who wants this function.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Andrew Simmons
UK
movieman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2005, 06:05:20 AM »

Maybe there's an argument for adding a 'mission control panel' which would only have MFDs and maybe some spacecraft telemetry displays, like a real mission control console... then at some point in the future we could potentially remove the MFDs from the main panel completely.
Zachstar

Is it Star Trek?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »

Talk to rob and his VMC thing he is building for Mer 5 That is whats needed for apollo

-------------------------------------------
robertsconley65
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2005, 01:31:48 PM »

Quote from: Zachstar
Talk to rob and his VMC thing he is building for Mer 5 That is whats needed for apollo

http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/beta

the source and various files are there. It is in Visual Basic 6.0. In fact the current beta is probably a good place to fork for the Apollo MCC because there so little in it but the overall structure is done and working (i.e. you can add more screens easily).

For the graphic I recommend a shot of the Johnson MCC looking forward at the main display.

My only request is that I get a copy of that bitmap for the gemini MCC. ;-)

Rob Conley.
lone_marauder

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2005, 04:44:11 PM »

Re: hosting - I am perfectly happy to host a unified NASSP package.  I can host it via a low bandwidth U.S. site and a high bandwidth German site.  What do I need to do to put such a package together and get it out there?

Side question - I don't really know how Sourceforge project hosting works, but why aren't we putting a unified NASSP package there?
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2005, 07:38:27 PM »

Quote from: lone_marauder
Side question - I don't really know how Sourceforge project hosting works, but why aren't we putting a unified NASSP package there?

We will host a unified package at Sourceforge, when all license issues are checked and it's looking good!  Very Happy (Hopefully this will continue...)

At the moment we are building the CVS repository and the file release is next.

Thanks and Greetings

Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2005, 11:30:12 AM »

Hi everybody,

as first effort of our new SourceForge project the Project Apollo team is pleased to present:

Project Apollo - NASSP 6.3.0 and
NASSP Enhancement Pack (NEP) 050223
For download look here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nassp/

For user's convenience Project Apollo - NASSP comes in one zip file, the source zip is not needed for running Project Apollo - NASSP.

NEP is presented (and copyright) by Rodion M. Herrera, many thanks to Rodion for special permission to customize and host NEP  Happy . NEP is optional, please install it, as originally indended, after Project Apollo - NASSP.

Project Apollo - NASSP is still "beta", please report bugs and feature requests with the trackers you can find on the SourceForge page.

Changes:
---------------

* Fixed bug preventing time acceleration for a few hours after course correction burn.

* Renamed sound directory again from NCPP to ProjectApollo.

* Wired in new Apollo-13 sounds.

* Reduced volume of SIVB APS sounds and made them internal-only.

* Moved time of course correction burn into header file to make it easy to change.

* Realistic CM reentry aerodynamics are added, documentation will follow soon.

* Splashdown stage is no longer "underwater".

Greetings
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2005, 05:37:43 PM »

Project Apollo Patch 6.3.1 released

It contains the missing CSM RCS Checklist and a missing config file, sorry for the inconvenience.

The docking panel is buggy at the moment, we're working on that, news will follow soon, I hope.

Cheers
Tschachim

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: