Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 09:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  License for IMFD_IPC_com.h
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: License for IMFD_IPC_com.h  (Read 3388 times)
tblaxland

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:34:58 AM »

Project Apollo Developers,

I am working on a project for Orbiter called ZTC Tether-Sling Transportation System. This project includes a momentum exchange tether called Ananke that forms part of a propellent-less (or very low propellant) cislunar transportation system. We have an OrbiterWiki page if you would like more information:
http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/ZTC_Tether-Sling_Transportation_System

As part this project I am developing a "wizard" that will automatically generate scenarios with a lunar intercept trajectory for Ananke payloads based on a user's selected payload and intercept date. I need to interface with IMFD to obtain trajectory information and jarmonik kindly pointed me at the code you guys have used for interfacing with IMFD.

There are three files in the IMFD directory. Two of these (IMFD_Client.h & IMFD_Client.cpp) contain Project Apollo & GPL License information. The other (IMFD_IPC_com.h) doesn't. Does IMFD_IPC_com.h form part of Project Apollo and is it subject to the same license? I don't plan on making my project available under GPL at this stage.

Kind Regards,
tblaxland.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:23:31 AM »

The other (IMFD_IPC_com.h) doesn't. Does IMFD_IPC_com.h form part of Project Apollo and is it subject to the same license? I don't plan on making my project available under GPL at this stage.

No, IMFD_IPC_com.h is part of IMFD. You might want to ask Jarmo about that, but for me it looks like using IMFD_IPC_com.h for IMFD communication in a closed-source project is fine.

Cheers
Tschachim

tblaxland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »

Thanks for the quick response.

BTW, keep up the great work here! I am not very active on these forums but I am a long time NASSP follower and fan.

Cheers,
tblaxland.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »

BTW, keep up the great work here! I am not very active on these forums but I am a long time NASSP follower and fan.

Thanks for your kind words!  Happy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: