Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 05:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Things that need doing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Things that need doing?  (Read 8410 times)
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »

Also remember that if you are dumping the telemetry to a spreadsheet, you will be dumping one line per FRAME, not one per byte.

Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »

To continue the topic of this thread, for my own, I'm still working on EOCA, my little contribution to this project.
I was very busy in real life for the last 2 monthes but I managed to get back on it this week.
The progress is very slow due to my stupidity.  Bangs Head
I understood just a few days ago I totally missed something very important in relation to the different constraints mainly on the CSI. So I've had to redo all the calculation sequence I was working on since I began to work on rendez vous and phasing.
I know I said that several time but now things are in a good way.
My goal is to buold a tool that could be valid for almost ALL the rendez vous you are to do in Apollo: from the typical Apollo 7 one (which I finally understood it is very NONstandard) to the standard lunar liftoff. I studied gigas of doc related to the AGC and rendez vous, including lunar liftoff and lunar landing abort.
Now things are very clear and I think EOCA would be usefull up to the point when virtual LGC would become available in NASSP. I hope that it would be true one day.
I even consider the possibility to use EOCA in order to prepare for the LGC ++ maneuvers. But the difficulty is that I dont know exactly how Lazy D considered the things and how close exactly he was with the real maneuvers.

I expect a release for the begining of the next year.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »

To continue the topic of this thread, for my own, I'm still working on EOCA, my little contribution to this project.

Great news, I'm glad to hear about your progress.  Thumbs Up
Your contribution isn't little though, or how do you suppose shall we calculate these weird Apollo 7 manoevers without EOCA?  Wink

By the way, that reminds me of another missing thing, the ORDEAL. There's already some discussion about that here: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1245.0, the orginal documentation is here: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19740026211_1974026211.pdf

Cheers
Tschachim

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »

Yeah, true: I'm not sure how easy ORDEAL is to implement when it requires more accurate control over the dials and switches than we might normally have. I guess it can always be controlled by the MFD if need be.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »

As far as I remember about the ORDEAL switches and control there are already some ideas in the thread I linked...  Happy

movieman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »

So the 'tape motion' indicator now works, but there's a lot left to be done Happy. I'm reading through the operations handbook to figure out what all the different control combinations really do...
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:00 AM »

Yeah, true: I'm not sure how easy ORDEAL is to implement when it requires more accurate control over the dials and switches than we might normally have. I guess it can always be controlled by the MFD if need be.

The usual MSFS trick for doing this is to superimpose a digital display of the knob's value either on or near the knob, and rotate the knob itself through a set of fixed bitmaps.
kneecaps
Project Team Member

36711000 kneecaps@shockpulse.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »

My goal is to buold a tool that could be valid for almost ALL the rendez vous you are to do in Apollo: from the typical Apollo 7 one (which I finally understood it is very NONstandard)

::rolls eyes:: tell me about it! I was looking at this a few days ago, there were certainly many easier ways this could have been done at the time .I suppose hindsight is 20/20.

Look forward to the release early next year. I'm a fairly new Astrodynamics student but if I can help with anything let me know!

"Okay. As soon as we find the Earth, we will do it."
- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Current Work: ?? What next??

Future Work:
I know the AGC pretty well so anything need doing there?

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
P11 FDAI Error Needles (98%) complete. Comitted. Working A7 scenario.
P06 AGC Standby. Concluded. It's done by the AGC PSU.
Got us a complete AOH Volume II
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »

I got further with my C++ LVDC surrogate. Turns out that my navigation was correct after all, but the S1C was outperforming the original by a large margin, ending up over 10km too high at IGM start. I knocked down the performance a bit to compensate, but my computer died before I could test it. (PSU died and took the motherboard with it. Drives are OK.) I'm transferring things to my laptop now so I can continue.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: