Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2020, 06:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  Support & Bugs (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Trying out the full Apollo 7 sim that I dowloaded with the beta...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trying out the full Apollo 7 sim that I dowloaded with the beta...  (Read 1122 times)
astronaut23

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2009, 03:54:21 AM »

Following the checklists in full and entering all the data and everything.   Came to the point in the mission where it says to do the star alignment.   Can't get the thing to work.   When I follow the procedure in the excell spreadsheet the computer keeps flashing program after I try to lock onto the stars.   I don't know what the deal is and I don't know how to reset the computer to start over again.   I don't know anything about the Apollo Guidance computer.   If I typed something in wrong I'd not know how to reset it.  LOL!

Any help would be much appreciated.  Is there a video or .pdf that tells how to do the star allignment.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »

Is there a video or .pdf that tells how to do the star allignment.

Here is a video: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=129726&package_id=280666  Happy

astronaut23

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 05:57:53 AM »

How are you supposed to zero in on the stars when they move all over the place?  When I go to the high magnification in order to zero in on the stars they move out of the cross hairs too fast.  Is this because I'm in earth orbit traveling around.   Would they do that on a translunar coast?  I can't get past this step. Bangs Head
astronaut23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:01:20 AM »

Dadgummit...I'm three hours into the mission and still on trying to do the star alignment.    The video doesn't help their stars aren't moving all over the place like mine.  And every time I start program P52 now it just gives me a program alarm.  So I don't know what I've screwed up or doing. 

Also I got a master alarm with an 02 flowhigh.  How do I fix that?
astronaut23

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 06:13:21 AM »

Oh boy, I tried realigning the spacecraft using the prograde option and the thing says I have a gimbal lock now.   I'm probably gonna just wind up starting over but I do need help on the above problems so it doesn't happen again.
kerlix

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

You have to make sure that rotation of the spacecraft is nulled. Even if you're barely moving in one direction or another, as soon as you try to look through the sextant, the stars are going to be impossible to mark accurately. Try to use your FDAI's to kill as much movement as possible.

Also, when maneuvering around, watch your FDAI's to make sure that nothing you're doing is taking you into gimbal lock. 

That's all I've really got. Maybe some of the other guys around here with more experience and knowledge can add something to help solve your problems. Good luck.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: