Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2019, 06:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Virtual Cockpit Release Candidate #1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Virtual Cockpit Release Candidate #1  (Read 12936 times)
jalexb88

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »

The new VC is stunning, it really adds to the realism! Is there any news on the progress for getting the switches and displays working?
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

Progress has been slow... for some reason I'm having some trouble getting my head around the VC API commands... also, I just moved out to California, so I've been a bit distracted.  Right now, I'm probably going to try and get the DSKY working first...

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Nerva

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »

Hi Swatch

Unfortunately I'm one of those annoying people who can not use CVS on my PC, any chance of a CVS snapshot instead?

Cheers

Nerva
Shadow Addict

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »

Tried this on the September beta a few months back and I would get a CTD whenever I went into the cockpit (though I'm guessing this might have something to do with being on a complete crap laptop). I'll try it on the new beta when I download it later today.
NoName
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

Check your PM Swatch. I've sent you the final panel bitmaps for the VC (and the xfer tunnel and systems tunnel bitmaps) Wink

I have one request: could the VC be constantly lit-up/bright? At the moment the lighting conditions change along with sun rise/set. It would be cool if the VC would look constantly lit-up.
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 12:21:42 AM »

Hello all, I've been gone for quite a while...

Moonwalker, I'm going to have a look at making that a possibility.  Originally, that was the plan, but Orbiter didn't support it very well in it's previous configuration.  I'll have a shot at it with the new Orbiter in the coming months.

PS.  Falcon 9 and Dragon are almost ready to go!  If you're wondering where I've been... watch our launch coming up soon!  Happy

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »

Hello all, I've been gone for quite a while...

Yeah, great to see you again!  Happy

PS.  Falcon 9 and Dragon are almost ready to go!  If you're wondering where I've been... watch our launch coming up soon!  Happy

I wish you and the whole SpaceX team good luck and a flawless performance, we really need a new system after STS!  Thumbs Up

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

Well, the attached photo says more than 1000 words, congratulations and many thanks to SpaceX for making that happen, I already wondered if I'll ever see a spacecraft on chutes in my livetime...  Thumbs Up

* 20101208_F9-002_X_Dragon_IMG_9070.jpg (39.9 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 767 times.)

barry

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »

Swatch - It was awesome.
Congratulations to you and everyone else on the Space X team. I hope some of this digital archaeology that we are doing here will provide some insight for you and your colleagues. Sadly, a lot of the original Apollo and Saturn designers/architects are no longer with us.
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »

Great photo and news Thumbs Up

Have a nice day
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »

Glad you all like our work! Happy

That was a SUPER-cool day for all of us at SpaceX, and I can't begin to describe the happiness that everyone felt when we heard the words "Splashdown"

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: