Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2019, 06:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the new Meadville Space Center forums!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Project Apollo Beta 20090919 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Project Apollo Beta 20090919 released  (Read 9148 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »

Hi Apollo fans,

a new beta modules pack is available here: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation. Please make sure that Orbiter 2006-P1 and OrbiterSound 3.5 is installed. Also please make sure that you do a CVS Update of all directories, that means the Config, Doc, Meshes, Orbitersdk, Scenarios, Sound and Textures directories. A new CVS snapshot is available, too.

There are a couple of new features and bugfixes, these should be the more important ones:

• The Virtual AGC now has multi-thread support during time acceleration. This feature is disabled by default, but feel encouraged to activate it in the Launchpad Configuration Options, see screenshot. When enabled, you should be able to run the Virtual AGC at a higher time acceleration, especially with multi-core processors. Probably there are some synchronisation issues left, so testing and bug reports are very welcome. Thanks to vrouleau for this cool new feature, look here for more details: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=2170.0

• There are a couple of new features of Project Apollo Checklist MFD, especially DSKY support, it should be ready for the release now except some special cases (EMS, ASCP). Currently all scenarios are using the Excel file "Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Checklists\CSM Default Checklists.xls", which also can be viewed/printed directly. There are still only a few, minimal checklists, but the first parts (Spacecraft Systems Activation, C&WS Status Check and Glycol Loop Checks) of the Backup Crew Prelaunch Checklist are considered complete, so you can see how it works. In Quickstart Mode, the checklists are executed automatically by default as before, in Virtual AGC Mode you need to do them by yourself by default, use the FLSH button to highlight a switch with a blinking yellow frame to find it easier. On the Launchpad Configuration Options you can now enable automatic checklist execution for the Virtual AGC, too, see screenshot. Additionally you can enable slow execution, that means there's a delay of a few seconds between each step. Together with the FLSH feature this is intended as a kind of "demo mode", so you can follow the checklists more easyly and see what's going on.

• With some new water and waste management features (see screenshot) the ECS now should be complete for release, documentation in the wiki is going to follow later. That means the CSM is now almost ready for release, remaining missing stuff are only some smaller parts of the EPS and lots of circuit breakers I plan to pick up during Apollo 7 flight testing, the ORDEAL (nasty device  Gloomy) and certainly some stuff I can't remember right now Happy

• There's no separate Meshland module for collision support anymore, Artlav provided a new one, so please make sure that you disable the MeshLand module on the "Modules" tab of Orbiter's Launchpad. The new collision module is part of the beta modules pack, please activate the "Collision-core" module on the "Modules" tab of Orbiter's Launchpad to try it. It's a work in progress with more features than the old one, but also with new bugs, look here for more info's: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1962.0

Thanks a lot to Artlav for his great and enduring work and support of Project Apollo - NASSP and the whole Orbiter universe!  Thumbs Up Happy

• There's a lot going on in the LM, I have no clue about its status in this beta, perhaps the LM guys want to post some info about things to try here?

Have fun, comments and questions are always welcome! Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

* VAGC settings.jpg (73.37 KB, 598x589 - viewed 1047 times.)

* dump.jpg (43.82 KB, 796x595 - viewed 1100 times.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:40:17 PM by Tschachim » Logged

retro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »

Excited!
awesome cool
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »

The LM is still really broken. I wouldn't expect very much out of it until it can orient itself. If you can turn it on, then you are doing really well.
The current focus of activity is the LGC RCS DAP. You must have a joystick to control the LM. Having two joysticks is ideal.

If you want to help, please follow the LM status thread at http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=491.
Clavius0712

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but in the latest beta some of the control panels in the CSM are missing. For instance, in the "Apollo 7 Virtual AGC - Launch" scenario, if I navigate to the left of Panel 1 several times using the left arrow key I end up with no panel and instead an external view of the Crawler.

Any help much appreciated.
Clavius0712

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »

Whoops. Don't know why but my panels are back. Please disregard my last message. I have no idea how they have come back but the problem is fixed.

I should also say hello. I only registered on the forum today. I used to use AMSO but having seen how far NASSP has come, I think NASSP is now my favourite Apollo Orbiter Addon. Thanks to everyone for all their hard work. The new "flash" feature in the "Apollo Checklist MFD" makes NASSP now truly accessible to all - not just the Apollo experts.

I only wish there weren't so many broken scenarios, especially all the Apollo 11 ones. What needs to be done to fix them?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:33:22 AM by Clavius0712 » Logged
vrouleau
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »

Mind you for Apollo 11, I had updated those 2 scenarios a few weeks back to test out the CSM+LM to LOI:

Project Apollo - NASSP\Broken Scenarios\Virtual AGC\Apollo 11 - Launch.sc

Project Apollo - NASSP\Broken Scenarios\Virtual AGC\Training\Apollo 11 - Launch T-2min.scn

I was able to get to LOI with those in Virtual AGC mode.
GauthierH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »

Mind you for Apollo 11, I had updated those 2 scenarios a few weeks back to test out the CSM+LM to LOI:

Project Apollo - NASSP\Broken Scenarios\Virtual AGC\Apollo 11 - Launch.sc

Project Apollo - NASSP\Broken Scenarios\Virtual AGC\Training\Apollo 11 - Launch T-2min.scn

I was able to get to LOI with those in Virtual AGC mode.

I succeed too, but I don't know if docking is possible... I tried and I found myself in an instant inside the stage but after a 180 yaw turn like I was docked in the booster...
Any help? Bangs Head
Nerva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »

Salvete Omnes!

Fantastic work, well done to all Thumbs Up Perhaps you could help out though, how do I use the FLSH function?

Valete

Nerva
GauthierH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

I succeed too, but I don't know if docking is possible... I tried and I found myself in an instant inside the stage but after a 180 yaw turn like I was docked in the booster...
Any help? Bangs Head

Ok
LOI done
Separation and docking done (need some tweaks in the present A7 checklist, see A11 checklist); but the problem of docked-like position in the S4b stays; it seems to happen when I forgot to arm (push) the 2 DOCK PROBE cb's, thus not allowing the probe to arm.

Beside this, I ran in some problems too when I sep from S4b; it seems that some (in my case, 1 (one)) swithes are proned to toggle due to the sep chock!  I had a PRIM PRPLNT switch toggle to close and thus one RCS was not working. Try to dock or manoeuver with only three... before finding the solution!

But I'm on my way to the moon! ;-)
Tks for this work.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:23:30 PM by GauthierH » Logged
kneecaps
Project Team Member

36711000 kneecaps@shockpulse.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »

Looks fantastic! Well done everybody for your efforts.

Has the complete AOH I obtained been of use to anybody?

EDIT: Should have some free time to work on issues again very soon!

"Okay. As soon as we find the Earth, we will do it."
- Frank Borman, Apollo 8

Current Work: ?? What next??

Future Work:
I know the AGC pretty well so anything need doing there?

On Hold/Completed:
SPS TVC in P40 issues.
P11 FDAI Error Needles (98%) complete. Comitted. Working A7 scenario.
P06 AGC Standby. Concluded. It's done by the AGC PSU.
Got us a complete AOH Volume II
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 07:11:28 AM »

Fantastic work, well done to all Thumbs Up Perhaps you could help out though, how do I use the FLSH function?

Press the FLSH button of Checklist MFD so that "Flash" at the bottom of the MFD changes to ON. Then the current switch of the checklists is highlighted with a yellow flashing box.

but the problem of docked-like position in the S4b stays; it seems to happen when I forgot to arm (push) the 2 DOCK PROBE cb's, thus not allowing the probe to arm.

Duh, sounds strange. It might be because of the LM work-in-progress, but if you post/attach a scenario showing the problem I can take a look.

Has the complete AOH I obtained been of use to anybody?

Yes, the checklists used in the MFD are from the AOH, so it's quite essential!  Thumbs Up

Cheers
Tschachim

GauthierH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »

Here is the scenario.
I think I tried to dock without having armed the probe because of 2 forgotten pulled cb's.

* A11 Docked with LM.scn (72.59 KB - downloaded 400 times.)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »

Fix is in CVS, thanks for pointing that out!

Cheers
Tschachim

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: