Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
24614 Posts in 2077 Topics by 2260 Members
Latest Member: lricca
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Gemini
| |-+  Development
| | |-+  Planning
| | | |-+  Update 10/9/2005
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Update 10/9/2005  (Read 27025 times)
robertsconley65
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 09, 2005, 05:34:53 PM »

For the summer I was stalled on making the new framework for Gemini 5.0. Now that I finally have it working I can proceed on getting development for 5.0 started.

First I planning an interrim release focusing on flight controls. The ADI ball and the different thruster modes. This will be Gemini 4.5.

The plan is to have the VC and the 2D Panel both have the same displays but the switches are operational on the 2D Panel. This will save countless hours in calculating the 3D mouse coordinates.
Cale

cale905@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 05:43:30 PM »

Great news Rob!

Although I'm doing a lot of testing for Apollo, I'd be more than happy to beta-test Gemini 4.5!

My home email is cnnn05@rogers.com

Great to hear that a successor is in the works for a superb add-on!

Cheers,

Cale

"Quarter-million miles from home, diarhhea's nothing to sneeze at". - Chuck Berry

"I know...man, it's gotta smell bad up there" - Chris Kraft
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 02:46:56 PM »

Hi Rob,

that are really great news, your addons are big paragons for our Apollo stuff!  Very Happy
Keep up the good work!

BTW: Will Gemini 5 also have internal systems like Mercury?

Cheers
Tschachim

robertsconley65
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 08:46:35 AM »

The 4.5 release no, but next things I am working will involve implementing some of the internal system.

The goal for 5.0 is to include all the internal systems. I will be relying a on Radu Poenaru's code.
Apassi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 10:12:51 AM »

Hi Rob.

It`s wonderful to have working Gemini to the current "Nasa fleet"

Im curious is the any plan to implement gemini computer some degree among other systems ? Ok. I dont have slightest clue how that works Rolling Eyes  but...

Thank You developing this . The Mercury 5.0 is already amazing and this...I cant hardly wait  Very Happy

Apassi
Lenny1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 06:27:48 PM »

It is now 2007, What is new about the the Gemini Program?  Will it have all the all the flights including that Armstrong - Scott mission that had the stuck thruster?  Neil had to disconnect and abort that mission.  That would be some ride!

How about a Fantasy progam too while you are at it. The Movie "Countdown" with James Caan had a had a plot that had Caan pilot a special Gemini roket called "Pilgrum". In the movie, Caan had to beat the Russians to the moon buy using a Gemini shipo with a lower half of a luna Lander to land on the moon and make it to a shelter until Robert Duvall came aftet him with Apollo.  I know it is science fiction, but I have a Project Apollo and Space Shutlle Program that has non exsisting shuttle and canceled Apollo flights.

Just a thought   
Graham2001
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »

It's now been almost three years since the last update, what is the current progress if any with this?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: