Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2020, 12:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Modeling (Moderators: movieman, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  my NASSP 7 beta LEM ascent module has no textures mappings?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: my NASSP 7 beta LEM ascent module has no textures mappings?!  (Read 4545 times)
constellation

View Profile Email
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »

Hello,

The NASSP 7 beta graphics are great. But one small problem. It appears that the Lunar Module ASCENT stage has no texture or mappings whatsoever! The whole ascent stage (including the thrusters) are one homogeneous "gray" and don't have any color, texture, or mappings.. Can anyone explain? Even the descent stage is pretty well done with the tinfoil and US flag and other parts nicely textured, so why does the ascent stage have no texture?

I have downloaded the package THREE times on two different internet connections and tested on 3 fully capable machines.. It seems like the "no texture" is a issue with the latest NASSP beta module and CVS package..

I did a search but didn't find this issue noted on the forums.. Is this a problem that is being worked on? It looks very strange to have lem with no texture! Almost like it is in 3ds max without UVW mappings!
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »

We are currently not actively supporting the LEM.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
constellation

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »

We are currently not actively supporting the LEM.

Thanks for the heads up and update. So is there work concentrated on the CSM currently? Is there a tentative project timeline?
FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »

Hello constellation,

I've started to do a new LEM ascent stage more than one year ago. My progress has significantly slowed down or rather has come to a halt at the point where I could not find any good references or hi-res photos of the CMD and LMP windows of the flown LEM's (preflight or during the mission). I am still missing details e.g. of the window frames. If someone is able to dig s.th. up, please post it in this forum or this thread: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1480.0

Hope to have an update for you all till the end of March. 2010 that is. Duh!

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
constellation

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »

Hello constellation,

I've started to do a new LEM ascent stage more than one year ago. My progress has significantly slowed down or rather has come to a halt at the point where I could not find any good references or hi-res photos of the CMD and LMP windows of the flown LEM's (preflight or during the mission). I am still missing details e.g. of the window frames. If someone is able to dig s.th. up, please post it in this forum or this thread: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1480.0

Hope to have an update for you all till the end of March. 2010 that is. Duh!

Do you mean you are working on the 2d panels, the 3d virtual cockpit, or the external models for the LEM ascent stage? Do you mean photos of LMP looking for the outside or from inside out?
FordPrefect
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »

Well, for now, the external model. See here: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1480.0

The virtual (3d) cockpit would be the next step, along with a new LEM descent stage.
Gunner_CAF just recently found some good pics of what I was looking for: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=1480.msg19370#msg19370

The excellent 2D panel graphics are (already) created by Moonwalker.

My Project Apollo work in progress:
* New detailed Lunar Module Ascent stage with virtual cockpit (VC currently planned as eye candy only) 18 % done

My Project Apollo work to be continued:
* new Service Module SPS engine bell
* various Saturn V textures, exhaust textures
* SIM Bay for the SM

My long-term plans are to create a:
* New detailed Lunar Module descent stage (eventually models of all flown LM's)
* New F-1 engines for the S-1C stage showing the foil (batting) insulation
* New LUT and launch pad (if nobody else does it)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: